Windows 10: windows is limiting my audio levels

Discus and support windows is limiting my audio levels in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Recently I've updated my windows 10 and then after turning back on my computer my audio doesn't go above 50 % mark even the levels are set to 100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Traden, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Traden Win User

windows is limiting my audio levels

Hi

Recently I've updated my windows 10 and then after turning back on my computer my audio doesn't go above 50 % mark even the levels are set to 100 percent.

Loudness Equalization is checked on my headphones

Levels are set on 100 percent http://prntscr.com/m50qlb

Can you guys please help me i think something is acting as a limiter on my audio levels making me difficult to Master my tracks on FL studio

Thanks in advance

:)

Traden, Jan 9, 2019

2. Audio Playback levels in Win 10

Hi David,

The challenge that you are experiencing with the audio levels of the website that you are visiting can occur due to several reasons such as, an outdated audio driver, browser issues, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Has it always been like that?
    • Is the issue also occurring when you use other browsers?
    • Have you tried updating your audio driver? If not, kindly do so by following the steps in this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

No audio in 'Asphalt 7: Heat'

Hi Moezul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Does the audio work in other applications?

If you are not able to hear the audio in any applications. I would suggest to check with the steps below and see if it resolves your issue.

Steps:

1. Check if the audio driver is updated. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to update audio drivers.

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. The issue can occur if the appropriate playback device is not selected. Click the
      Sound icon (bottom right corner of the screen), click Playback device and select the appropriate device from the menu.
    3. Check the In-game audio settings to confirm if the sound is turned
      on.
    4. Check the Volume levels in the system's Volume Mixer to confirm that it is not turned
      off and the levels are appropriate. Right click on the Sound icon and select
      Open volume mixer. Adjust the settings as per your requirements.

If the audio issue is only with the game, I would suggest to get in touch with the
    game developer
    to get a confirmation on this.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. windows is limiting my audio levels - Similar Threads - limiting audio levels

2. Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels: I use the Windows alarm every morning to wake me up and at my normal audio of 20 it just doesn't cut it, so every night I have to turn my volume up all the way and turn down other applications that use audio to keep them at normal levels, however, it seems like having the...
  3. Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarm audio levels and specific application audio levels: I use the Windows alarm every morning to wake me up and at my normal audio of 20 it just doesn't cut it, so every night I have to turn my volume up all the way and turn down other applications that use audio to keep them at normal levels, however, it seems like having the...
  4. Audio Levels Dropping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Levels Dropping: My audio levels drop after two seconds to barely audible. I have restarted, ran the troubleshooter, scanned for problems, keeps telling me everything is fine. It seems to fix it for a minute, then the problem arises again. It doesn't matter what format/app/feed I use,...
  5. Audio levels on my computer

Audio levels on my computer: I am trying to do a video on my computer, but the sound levels are not good enough very quiet. Is there any way to enhance the sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-levels-on-my-computer/d4a082ad-0437-447f-8351-f7cee27e06d8
  6. Adaptive Audio Levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Audio Levels: Is there a way for audio levels to change according to the devices connected or plugged in? ie: If I connect headphones via the jack, audio levels will adjust to previous "headphone" levels, instead of the master level....
  7. Audio levels changing

Audio levels changing: I'm probably in the wrong category, but I really couldn't find one that would fit the problem. The sound levels of programs keep changing in the volume mixer. I've tried disabling Dolby Audio sound leveler and putting the windows communications thingy to do nothing, but...
  8. Audio levels chaning

Audio levels chaning: I'm probably in the wrong category, but I really couldn't find one that would fit the problem. The sound levels of programs keep changing in the volume mixer. I've tried disabling Dolby Audio sound leveler and putting the windows communications thingy to do nothing, but...
  9. Audio Levels Mismatched

Audio Levels Mismatched: Recently I installed, then uninstalled, a sound enhancement app (from fxsound.com) containing a sound equalizer. After deinstalling it, Windows sound is screwed up in that online sound sources (streaming, playing remote mp3's, etc.) is barely audible, while systems sounds...
  10. Low Audio Levels

Low Audio Levels: While listening to any audio from any application (browser, media player, etc.), the audio levels of the specific application do not match the level of the "Device". To better explain what I mean, have a look at the attached picture showing you the audio level of Chrome...