Windows 10: Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed

Discus and support Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop got locked out for 2 hours after a sudden shutdown due to shortage of battery power. I read online and changed the Lockout Policy. Still the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PhanVinh, Jan 28, 2022.

1. PhanVinh Win User

Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed

My laptop got locked out for 2 hours after a sudden shutdown due to shortage of battery power. I read online and changed the Lockout Policy. Still the next time my laptop ran out of battery and shut down suddenly, i still got locked out for 2 hours. Is there anyway to change or remove the lockout time for sudden shutdowns?

:)

PhanVinh, Jan 28, 2022

2. TPM lockout for 2 hours

Why do I get TPM locked out of Windows 10 for two hours with error "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again." after entering wrong PIN too many times? There is no option to sign in with Microsoft account password on Windows 10 v2004 since it requires Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts. I had to wait two hours for the lockout to expire and if I get one more incorrect pin attempt I get locked out again for another two hours. Is there a way to reset the TPM 2.0 lockout on Windows 10 v2004. The TPM lockout makes the computer unusable for the next two hours. I have an ASUS motherboard and an ASUS TPM-M R2.0 module plugged into the motherboard TPM connector.

Keith Weisshar, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Aleksey Win User
    Account Lockout Policy is not working

Hello guys,

I have Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 on my Dell Tablet (32 bit) and Oracle VM (32 bit). On both system, I tried to setup Account Lockout Policy in Local Security Policy. I have Account Lockout Threshold = 5, Lockout Duration and Reset Lockout Account Counter = 30 min. However, after locking my account or signing off, my account is not locked after 5 and more failed logon attempts. This feature worked correct on my Windows 8.1 system with the same account lockout settings.
    Does anyone experienced the same behavior? Any explanation or fix?

Thank you very much,

Aleksey, Jan 28, 2022
  4. idigweeds Win User

2 hour lockout

A friend's Asus laptop computer locked him out for two hours. Here's what he said:

"When the battery runs totally out of power on my Asus, upon using the power cord to charge it and attempting to get back to my home screen the screen says my password will not work for two hours. Is there a way around this?"

So what, exactly, could cause this kind of lockout?

Assuming this happens again, how would he get into his computer before the two house are up?

idigweeds, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed - Similar Threads - locked hours Lockout

2. Locked out of windows for 2 hours.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of windows for 2 hours.: Hello, I am experiencing an issue with my windows PC this has never ever happened before, it says that I have been locked out of my PC because I entered the wrong password too many times and I have been locked out and I should try another sign in method or I should keep my PC...
  3. Locked out of windows for 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of windows for 2 hours.: Hello, I am experiencing an issue with my windows PC this has never ever happened before, it says that I have been locked out of my PC because I entered the wrong password too many times and I have been locked out and I should try another sign in method or I should keep my PC...
  4. Locked out of windows for 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows locked for 2 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows locked for 2 hours: Hey, I have notebook with windows 11 installed. I am using each 2-3 weeks at the weekend. Or atleast i want to use it but i can't.Ntb is just sitting in a bag for 2-3 weeks and battery dies. When i want to use it i can't. It is locked for 2 hours when i want to use PIN. There...
  6. Windows locked for 2 hours

Windows locked for 2 hours: Hey, I have notebook with windows 11 installed. I am using each 2-3 weeks at the weekend. Or atleast i want to use it but i can't.Ntb is just sitting in a bag for 2-3 weeks and battery dies. When i want to use it i can't. It is locked for 2 hours when i want to use PIN. There...
  7. Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed: My laptop got locked out for 2 hours after a sudden shutdown due to shortage of battery power. I read online and changed the Lockout Policy. Still the next time my laptop ran out of battery and shut down suddenly, i still got locked out for 2 hours. Is there anyway to change...
  8. Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed

Windows is locked out for 2 hours even if Lockout Policy is changed: My laptop got locked out for 2 hours after a sudden shutdown due to shortage of battery power. I read online and changed the Lockout Policy. Still the next time my laptop ran out of battery and shut down suddenly, i still got locked out for 2 hours. Is there anyway to change...
  9. TPM lockout for 2 hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TPM lockout for 2 hours: Why do I get TPM locked out of Windows 10 for two hours with error "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again." after...
  10. 2 hour lockout

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2 hour lockout: A friend's Asus laptop computer locked him out for two hours. Here's what he said: "When the battery runs totally out of power on my Asus, upon using the power cord to charge it and attempting to get back to my home screen the screen says my password will not work for two...