Windows 10: Windows is low on memory

Discus and support Windows is low on memory in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's something weird going on with my memory. I haven't updated my computer or anything recently, but yesterday everything was fine, and then this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LiterallyEthan, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Windows is low on memory

There's something weird going on with my memory. I haven't updated my computer or anything recently, but yesterday everything was fine, and then this morning when I woke up my computer the start screen displayed yesterday's date and was playing some sort of strange music accompanied with weird audio glitches and beeps. After several hard restarts, I finally got my computer working normally again. Then I tried playing some The Witcher III, and as soon as the game loaded I got a pop up saying that windows is low on memory and the game, as well as steam, was closed automatically by the os. I tried restarting my computer again, and I got this pop-up:

Windows is low on memory [​IMG]

When I clicked "OK" it took me to another screen:

Windows is low on memory [​IMG]

Now every time I boot up The Witcher III it's closed down automatically even though I've already played over twenty hours with no problems before. Does anyone know what's going on with my system memory?

:)

LiterallyEthan, Dec 28, 2016

2. Your computer is low on memory

On Jan 29 Windows Update offered and I installed a feature update. The OS version number is 1709 and the build number is now 16299.125. Seven days have now passed and no low on memory warnings have appeared. I hope the problem is now resolved.

Thanks to all who offered perspective on this issue.

Michael

Michael JohnCross, Dec 28, 2016
  3. Your computer is low on memory

Hi Michael,

We would like to verify if the issue that you have posted here about the error "Your computer is low on memory" is already fixed? If not, you may utilize the link provided below. You will find here a tool that will shows you the currently configured auto-start
    applications as well as the full list of Registry and file system locations available for auto-start configuration. This will help you to zoom in on third-party auto-starting images that may have been added to your system.

Autoruns for Windows v13.81

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 28, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Windows is low on memory

Welcome to the forum. How much free space is there on drive c? Run disk cleanup

Samuria, Dec 28, 2016
  5. TechGuru Win User
    It seems he has sufficient space available (300GB it seems in the right window).

LiterallyEthan, could you try unchecking the box that says "automatically manage paging file size for all drives" and select the radio box labelled as "system managed size" and press the "Set" button. Then hit okay and it will say you need to restart. Give this a try and get back to us on if the error continues.

TechGuru, Dec 29, 2016
  6. It worked! Thanks for the help. Do you have any idea why my system switched the file size to 0 overnight? Cause I've been playing graphically intensive games on this pc with no hardware changes for years and I've never had this problem.

LiterallyEthan, Dec 29, 2016
  7. TechGuru Win User
    No I'm not sure! Windows does all kinds of wonky stuff at random. It should be able to set it automatically which is what it was previously set to, but for some reason it just wasn't creating the page file or something along those lines. Kind of strange...

Anyways, glad I could help! Game on!

TechGuru, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows is low on memory

1. Windows is low on memory - Similar Threads - low memory

2. Virtual Memory, too low? or too high?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory, too low? or too high?: Hello, first time asking a question here on microsoft.com and I hope someone can help! So I have a Toshiba i7core PC with 12 GB of RAM. Lately I have been having high disk usage issues and have been searching for solutions to solve the issues. I have gone through various...
  3. Your Device is low on memory problem.

Your Device is low on memory problem.: Hiya Im having a problem with windows 10 where every now and again when i use task manager its stuck on a screen saying "Your Device is low on memory" Now i have 16GB RAM and it says this when its only taking up 10%-30% Is there a way to fix this issue? I use task manager...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator low on memory problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator low on memory problem.: I have a copy of FSX and love the game. However, with addons to enhance the appearance of the game I get a message telling me I’m out of memory after a short while of flying, less than an hour and one half. I was told that this is because Flight Simulator is 32 bit and no...
  5. Low Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Low Virtual Memory: I know this might start a slight argument after some of the articles I've read. Yesterday I was editing a video and all three monitors blanked out and came back. My color profiles on the monitor went to their stock setting and it was a quick fix of just rebooting the machine....
  6. Low Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Low Virtual Memory: I know this might start a slight argument after some of the articles I've read. Yesterday I was editing a video and all three monitors blanked out and came back. My color profiles on the monitor went to their stock setting and it was a quick fix of just rebooting the machine....
  7. Does anyone had error 2004 - low virtual memory

Does anyone had error 2004 - low virtual memory: Hi, Lately 3 computers are getting lots of error messages in event viewer and finally computer is freeze. The event ID - 2004 - Resource Exhaustion Detector Thanks!...
  8. Windows Live Mail: Can't view new mail, "Low memory" warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail: Can't view new mail, "Low memory" warning: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 today but I cannot view new incoming messages on Windows Live Mail. I receive an error message that "Windows Live Mail has encountered a problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and...
  9. Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?: Guys I got Win 10 Enterprise edition. Patched to the latest. [ATTACH] My system has only 1.2GB of Virtual memory assigned (As have 18gb Physical ram so never felt the need to have a proper virtual memory allocated) Google /forums etc. as well suggested the same....
  10. Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?

Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?: Guys I got Win 10 Enterprise edition. Patched to the latest. [ATTACH] My system has only 1.2GB of Virtual memory assigned (As have 18gb Physical ram so never felt the need to have a proper virtual memory allocated) Google /forums etc. as well suggested the same....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. low on memory windows 7