Windows 10: Windows is low on memory

Discus and support Windows is low on memory in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's something weird going on with my memory. I haven't updated my computer or anything recently, but yesterday everything was fine, and then this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LiterallyEthan, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Windows is low on memory

There's something weird going on with my memory. I haven't updated my computer or anything recently, but yesterday everything was fine, and then this morning when I woke up my computer the start screen displayed yesterday's date and was playing some sort of strange music accompanied with weird audio glitches and beeps. After several hard restarts, I finally got my computer working normally again. Then I tried playing some The Witcher III, and as soon as the game loaded I got a pop up saying that windows is low on memory and the game, as well as steam, was closed automatically by the os. I tried restarting my computer again, and I got this pop-up:

Windows is low on memory [​IMG]

When I clicked "OK" it took me to another screen:

Windows is low on memory [​IMG]

Now every time I boot up The Witcher III it's closed down automatically even though I've already played over twenty hours with no problems before. Does anyone know what's going on with my system memory?

:)

LiterallyEthan, Dec 28, 2016

2. Your computer is low on memory

On Jan 29 Windows Update offered and I installed a feature update. The OS version number is 1709 and the build number is now 16299.125. Seven days have now passed and no low on memory warnings have appeared. I hope the problem is now resolved.

Thanks to all who offered perspective on this issue.

Michael

Michael JohnCross, Dec 28, 2016
  3. Your computer is low on memory

Hi Michael,

We would like to verify if the issue that you have posted here about the error "Your computer is low on memory" is already fixed? If not, you may utilize the link provided below. You will find here a tool that will shows you the currently configured auto-start
    applications as well as the full list of Registry and file system locations available for auto-start configuration. This will help you to zoom in on third-party auto-starting images that may have been added to your system.

Autoruns for Windows v13.81

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 28, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Windows is low on memory

Welcome to the forum. How much free space is there on drive c? Run disk cleanup

Samuria, Dec 28, 2016
  5. TechGuru Win User
    It seems he has sufficient space available (300GB it seems in the right window).

LiterallyEthan, could you try unchecking the box that says "automatically manage paging file size for all drives" and select the radio box labelled as "system managed size" and press the "Set" button. Then hit okay and it will say you need to restart. Give this a try and get back to us on if the error continues.

TechGuru, Dec 29, 2016
  6. It worked! Thanks for the help. Do you have any idea why my system switched the file size to 0 overnight? Cause I've been playing graphically intensive games on this pc with no hardware changes for years and I've never had this problem.

LiterallyEthan, Dec 29, 2016
  7. TechGuru Win User
    No I'm not sure! Windows does all kinds of wonky stuff at random. It should be able to set it automatically which is what it was previously set to, but for some reason it just wasn't creating the page file or something along those lines. Kind of strange...

Anyways, glad I could help! Game on!

TechGuru, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows is low on memory

1. Windows is low on memory - Similar Threads - low memory

2. Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/8an2klfgwcpc1.png?width=615&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f8925be626965edf38406f5a7924ef29e277ff8 submitted by /u/SkrSkrWhizzingRound [link] [comments]...
  3. My pc suddenly showed low memory, and crashed while running smoothly, after updating to 23h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc suddenly showed low memory, and crashed while running smoothly, after updating to 23h2: The problem occurred when i downloaded some "armoury crate" Updates, some days ago, while lead to my pc after running for around 40 min, even if running just one tab chrome, my chrome tab suddenly showed low memory, when i tried to open any app, it wouldn't let me, and...
  4. My pc suddenly showed low memory, and crashed while running smoothly, after updating to 23h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc suddenly showed low memory, and crashed while running smoothly, after updating to 23h2: The problem occurred when i downloaded some "armoury crate" Updates, some days ago, while lead to my pc after running for around 40 min, even if running just one tab chrome, my chrome tab suddenly showed low memory, when i tried to open any app, it wouldn't let me, and...
  5. minecraft laucher crashes with an error that signal low memory, but I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft laucher crashes with an error that signal low memory, but I don't know how to fix it.: the crash report says the following:## There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.# Native memory allocation mmap failed to map 402653184 bytes for G1 virtual space# Possible reasons:# The system is out of physical RAM or swap space# The process...
  6. minecraft laucher crashes with an error that signal low memory, but I don't know how to fix it.

minecraft laucher crashes with an error that signal low memory, but I don't know how to fix it.: the crash report says the following:## There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.# Native memory allocation mmap failed to map 402653184 bytes for G1 virtual space# Possible reasons:# The system is out of physical RAM or swap space# The process...
  7. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

Low Virtual & Physical Memory available: Hoping someone can help with my issue. The title says it all.I've been getting back into playing Rust recently, and I've just encountered a black screen & game crash. I checked the event viewer to see if anything was logged, to my surprise, it says the following: Windows...
  8. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Virtual & Physical Memory available: Hoping someone can help with my issue. The title says it all.I've been getting back into playing Rust recently, and I've just encountered a black screen & game crash. I checked the event viewer to see if anything was logged, to my surprise, it says the following: Windows...
  9. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Low memory on my main C drive. System restore not working right.

Low memory on my main C drive. System restore not working right.: I have an older Dell 2GB Optiplex destop. My main C drive is getting seriously low on memory, it's a 64.2 bit drive and I'm down below 15%. I have, in the past, used system restore to clean it up and also Disk Cleanup, my disk cleanup is working but system restore won't work,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. low on memory windows 7