Windows 10: Windows is no longer activated after changing system time

Discus and support Windows is no longer activated after changing system time in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My machine has been running just fine for a couple of years, surviving an upgrade from Windows 7 and multiple Windows reinstallations without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shrillcurse, May 12, 2020.

1. Windows is no longer activated after changing system time

My machine has been running just fine for a couple of years, surviving an upgrade from Windows 7 and multiple Windows reinstallations without any problems concerning activation. I am not sure where I got the key from back in the days, but I am certain I bought it on the internet.

Some days ago, I changed the system date into the future and back again when testing some software. I used to do this in the past and never experienced any problems. This time, however, shortly afterwards, an open Microsoft Office reported that it had detected an error and needed to be closed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office, which failed. Only then did I realize that apparently Windows itself wasn't activated any more.

In system settings on the Activation page, Windows shows the error 0xC004F012. Trying to troubleshoot activation in Windows shows me error 0xC00000, so apparently there is some sort of permission error invoking the activation routines. I also noticed that the Software Protection service cannot be started (Error 5: Access is denied.)

I carried out the steps described here. The results of the diagnosis are attached.

I also tried what was suggested here: I booted into Windows PE and ran DISM using an ESD file generated by the Media Creation Tool. As far as I could tell, neither sfc nor DISM could find any errors. After rebooting, the error persists.

Is there anything else I can try?

I am on Windows Version 1909 (Build 18363.778).

:)

shrillcurse, May 12, 2020

2. Can't able to change the system time

Hi,

If the system time is not changing after configuring the date and time settings on Control Panel, most likely, the BIOS clock is also incorrect. We suggest making sure that the date and time settings on your computer is properly configured. To configure
    the date and time settings, follow the steps below:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Date and Time.
    • Click Change date and time, then set the correct information.
    • Click Change time zone, then select the correct time zone.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.

If the system time still didn't change, we recommend that you contact the computer manufacturer for further assistance on how to check and configure the BIOS clock of your device.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, May 12, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, May 12, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows is no longer activated after changing system time

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

Thema:

Windows is no longer activated after changing system time

1. Windows is no longer activated after changing system time - Similar Threads - longer activated changing

2. Windows system taking longer time for login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows system taking longer time for login: Hello,When employees are powering on the system after shutdown it's taking 4 Min 30 Sec to 5 Min to turn on the system.initially the bitlocker page comes after 1 Min 30 Sec. After Entering the bitlocker password the main windows login page take 2 Min 40 Sec. After entering...
  3. Windows system taking longer time for login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows system taking longer time for login: Hello,When employees are powering on the system after shutdown it's taking 4 Min 30 Sec to 5 Min to turn on the system.initially the bitlocker page comes after 1 Min 30 Sec. After Entering the bitlocker password the main windows login page take 2 Min 40 Sec. After entering...
  4. Windows system taking longer time for login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing system time by miliseconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing system time by miliseconds: I am looking around and sofar i haven't found an easy way to change the system time by the milisecond. If someone knows about a small app that could do it, I would like to know about it. the hard way submitted by /u/cougardestroyer68 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows no longer active after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows no longer active after upgrade: I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU and other items. The computer booted up just fine, and everything was the same as it was with my old setup used the same SSD's, except now I have the text in the lower right screen saying I need to activate Windows. I went through...
  7. Windows Product ID change after Motherboard change, no longer activated

Windows Product ID change after Motherboard change, no longer activated: Purchased a used computer with Windows 7 roughly 2 years ago, and used the free upgrade at the time to change to windows 10. My ex gave me a product ID, and a product Key that was displayed after the upgrade. Today I did some hardware changes, and got a new motherboard....
  8. Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated

Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated: So I decided to get an upgrade on my pc so I got a new motherboard, CPU, and power supply. Now my windows 10 is not activated. I tried troubleshooting and tried to get it re-activated but Microsoft said I cant....
  9. Windows no Longer Activated after hardware changes

Windows no Longer Activated after hardware changes: So, I've recently upgraded my PC parts the other day, and I now have a Activate Windows watermark I've only upgraded the motherboard and cpu, but I've kept the SSD, GPU, and HDD the same. I've seen solutions to fix this but none of them won't work. I have a valid license and...
  10. Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard: Hi, Changed my motherboard, now my w10 is no longer active. I had a retail version which is no longer in my possession of w7. I've read before that I would need to roll back to w7 then reupdate to w10, but I don't see that option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...