Windows 10: Windows is not Accepting my old Key During Activation

Discus and support Windows is not Accepting my old Key During Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there i had a window 10 update recently . i think it was from 1803 to 1903 version. after the update window crashed due to blue screen death. it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by valpappachan, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Windows is not Accepting my old Key During Activation

Hi there

i had a window 10 update recently . i think it was from 1803 to 1903 version.

after the update window crashed due to blue screen death. it keeps turning OFF and ON again every few minutes. so i formatted my hard drive and install window 10 ISO program in it.

now window is not accepting my old KEY during activation.

what i have to do now?

pl help

Val

[Original Title: activation]

:)

valpappachan, Nov 7, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Acceptable activation serial key

Enterprise doesn't have to be VL activated and can be activated against Microsoft's own Activation servers. Currently my only option is to activate with my legal MAK keys which get a DL.

Windows is not Accepting my old Key During Activation [​IMG]

And as mentioned can be run as a 90 day trial.

alphanumeric, Nov 7, 2019
  4. deeaa Win User

Windows is not Accepting my old Key During Activation

Activation with old key?

The key was 8.1 retail I bought for the machine I took it from a year back, and updated that same machine to W10 last summer. Hardly overused; only once installed ever.

I tried both the 'original 8.1 key' as reported by ShowKey as well as 'current W10 key' or active or whatever it is...well every key it showed and both were instantly deemed unsuitable keys, it didn't even attempt them. But I used the key I had glued to the old box from the retail and no problem.

This was after W10 was installed. I also tried to give said keys during installation but they weren't accepted there either. But the original 8.1 key it accepted without any issues or phone activation or such.

It was a surprise to me that ShowKey showed completely wrong type keys.

deeaa, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows is not Accepting my old Key During Activation

1. Windows is not Accepting my old Key During Activation - Similar Threads - Accepting old Key

2. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  3. Windows activation not accepting my windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation not accepting my windows key: Won't accept my windows key I have one underthe laptop on a sticker won't work and the one with the windows cd that I formated with doesint work ether code erreur 0x80072F8F...
  4. Windows activation not accepting my windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation not accepting my windows key: Won't accept my windows key I have one underthe laptop on a sticker won't work and the one with the windows cd that I formated with doesint work ether code erreur 0x80072F8F...
  5. Activation/ product key not accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation/ product key not accepted: Hi: I checked out Win 10 PRO using a place holder key but now I am not able to roll it back to my OEM Win 10 HOME version of windows. I tried some steps like updating the registry to HOME from PRO and then mounting and running the ISO for WIN 10 but it doesn't work. It...
  6. Key Not Accepted

Key Not Accepted: I have a key for personal Office 365 however when I enter it doesn't install. The card has never been used as I had to scratch of the silver on the card. Cant figure out what is wrong....
  7. Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key: I bought my laptop with Windows 10 already installed. It worked fine to begin with but, after a few months it started showing the message "Activate Windows". I have not made any hardware changes to the laptop (I wouldn't know how!) so not sure why it suddenly needed...
  8. Acceptable activation serial key

Acceptable activation serial key: I have/had installed on a number of computers, Windows 10 Enterprise x64 90 day evaluation edition. They are all expired by now, but still function for an hour or so I believe. I finally may be near buying serials keys for all the computers. The question is; Can I buy x64...
  9. Activation Key is not accepted

Activation Key is not accepted: I put in my activation key off of my computer page and it tells me to use another key or purchase one! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/activation-key-is-not-accepted/c1c581c1-c0ca-4764-a933-056460e1e984
  10. Activation with old key?

Activation with old key?: So, I had Win 8.1 retail on my machine, updated it to W10. Now I swapped the mobo and trying to activate W10 again. It won't accept my old serial...is there a way to activate it? I thought retail (not OEM) versions could be transferred to a new build as long as they are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 does not accept my original key for activation

2. OLD LAPTOP VISTA KEY NOT ACTIVATING