Windows 10: windows is not allowing me to use my graphics card(code 43)

Discus and support windows is not allowing me to use my graphics card(code 43) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It is doing multiple different things out of the ordinary as well though. It is now offering me the sleep option in the drop down menu; just Hibernate,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cwaalk, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Cwaalk Win User

windows is not allowing me to use my graphics card(code 43)

It is doing multiple different things out of the ordinary as well though. It is now offering me the sleep option in the drop down menu; just Hibernate, shut off, and restart. But I tried to run a game off of steam and it was running extremely poor so I started looking at things and I went into device manager and looked at my GTX 960 and it had a issue mark. it says exactly "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". more information to help with the solution is that it started doing this after my computer was sleeping one night (for some reason instead of shutting it off that night I put it in sleep mode). well the next morning I noticed everything had looked like we had lost power at some point in the night so my computer did too. so my computer had lost power while in sleep mode. but after that nothing worked the same including the graphics card reading code 43 and me not having the option for sleep mode anymore. please help I have tried a lot and if this is a hardware issue then id like to know so that I can just replace whatever it is and just get it over with. thanks in advance. windows is not allowing me to use my graphics card(code 43) :)

:)

Cwaalk, Dec 14, 2019
  2. niklashm Win User

Graphics card error code 43

Hello!
    I got the following driver error with my graphics card: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)" - causing horizontal white stripes on the screen and lowered resolution (800x600).

I have an NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan Black, and I've tried a number of solutions - without any luck.

• Uninstalled the driver (also using DDU)
    • ...reinstalled newer versions
    • ...and installed older drivers
    • Disconnected power cable, waited and reconnected
    • Checked all interior cables
    • Air dusted the interior
    • Tried most of the Windows diagnostics/troubleshooting tools
    • Did a system restore
    Any tips are appreciated! Though I do start to suspect the the graphic card is faulty...

niklashm, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Graphics Card Code 43 Problem!!

Hello,

thanks for you reply. I've already tried those steps, with no success. After the update to Windows Creators and got error code 43, I removed the drivers with the DDU and installed new ones. I could not roll back, but I tried both most recent drivers as
    well as 2 or 3 older versions and still got error code 43.

I have also unistalled the graphic card and let windows find the drivers automatically: still same issue.

I have even tried to restore the previous Windows version, uninstall the graphic card and then run the update with the drivers uninstalled.

Giordano_12, Dec 14, 2019
  4. windows is not allowing me to use my graphics card(code 43)

graphic card problem code 43

Hi Rohan,

"Graphics device driver error code 43" appears when Windows stops your driver because it reports problems.

Since you've mentioned you're done reinstalling your graphic driver, have you tried updating them? If not, you can follow the steps found on this
    link on
    how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

If updating didn't resolve the issue, you can consider rolling back your graphic driver. Here's a
    link for the steps on how to resolve the error message you're receiving
    by rolling back the graphic driver.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

windows is not allowing me to use my graphics card(code 43)

1. windows is not allowing me to use my graphics card(code 43) - Similar Threads - allowing graphics card

2. Windows refusing to use graphics card error 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows refusing to use graphics card error 43: Here is my PC's components and it's information:CPU: IntelR CoreTM i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHzRAM: Type: DDR3 / Size:8GBGPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 730Disk drive: Model: TEAM T253512GB / Size: 512GBI reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC about 2 weeks ago, and updates have been running...
  3. Graphics Driver Code 43

Graphics Driver Code 43: Hello Guys, I have an ASUS Rog Gl553VE with 16 gb ram and 1050Ti mobile graphics card.I use my laptop almost 24 hours sometimes, and I was busy in papers last few couple of days. In those days, my laptop once stopped working, the lights are getting on for 1 second and after...
  4. How to fix error code 43 for my nvidia graphics card.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix error code 43 for my nvidia graphics card.: submitted by /u/Venkat_Jighnesh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsc55z/how_to_fix_error_code_43_for_my_nvidia_graphics/
  5. Error code 43 on 3070 graphics card

Error code 43 on 3070 graphics card: I have an error with code 43 on my 3070 graphics card. I think the reason is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 which I have installed recently from Microsoft store. I'm not sure but it started next time I turned my PC on after the installation. I tried several versions of...
  6. my graphics card driver wont install *error code 43*

my graphics card driver wont install *error code 43*: Hello Microsoft community, today i received my brand new graphics card msi rx 550 2gb lp and i installed it in the motherboard and i downloaded the latest driver version and it wont work, i uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version but nothing happened, i have...
  7. Graphics card error code 43

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card error code 43: Hello! I got the following driver error with my graphics card: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)" - causing horizontal white stripes on the screen and lowered resolution (800x600). I have an NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan Black, and I've...
  8. Error 43, problems with graphics card

Error 43, problems with graphics card: I have recently finished building my gaming PC and have got an 'Asus GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix graphics card' and my computer seems to be running alright but not as well as i'd hoped. I noticed that in device manager there was a little exclamation mark next to my graphics card...
  9. Graphics Card Error 43

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics Card Error 43: i previously had a issue thaat i couldnt start up my pc and know i fix it and know when i go to device manager My Gtx 660 Has a 43 Error i treid updating the driver but it doesnt update it....
  10. Card card showing up as Code 43

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Card card showing up as Code 43: So everything was working fine up until yesterday, then my computer would just crash when I played a game. after the first time I still had both screens being detected, but the second time I lost my secondary monitor. I then went to get the latest drivers but the same...
Tags: