Windows 10: Windows is not applying my changes.

Discus and support Windows is not applying my changes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is probably a simple bug, I was on msconfig and was trying to change an option. A really annoying problem happened. When I click apply, it resets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SomeoneDiedNowGoHome1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows is not applying my changes.

This is probably a simple bug, I was on msconfig and was trying to change an option. A really annoying problem happened. When I click apply, it resets the option and does nothing. I was also trying to change the maximum memory. Same thing happened when i clicked apply. Nothing happens and it just resets it back to 0. I really need help with this.

:)

SomeoneDiedNowGoHome1, Mar 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 26, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Windows is not applying my changes.

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows is not applying my changes.

1. Windows is not applying my changes. - Similar Threads - applying changes

2. I installed windows 11 but my computer has not restarted and applied changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed windows 11 but my computer has not restarted and applied changes: I installed windows 11 on my windows 10 pc, i made sure it meets the requirements but when i downloaded it. it wont restart and update my software, its been 2 days and used all the storage it needs. How do i fix this...
  3. I installed windows 11 but my computer has not restarted and applied changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed windows 11 but my computer has not restarted and applied changes: I installed windows 11 on my windows 10 pc, i made sure it meets the requirements but when i downloaded it. it wont restart and update my software, its been 2 days and used all the storage it needs. How do i fix this...
  4. I installed windows 11 but my computer has not restarted and applied changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen: Hi Guys,I've applied the GPO to an OU in our domain to apply an image as default desktop background. Running gpupdate /force on all laptops just shows "Black screen". I've looked different tech groups to find a resolution for this issue. Accordingly I deleted...
  6. Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen

Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen: Hi Guys,I've applied the GPO to an OU in our domain to apply an image as default desktop background. Running gpupdate /force on all laptops just shows "Black screen". I've looked different tech groups to find a resolution for this issue. Accordingly I deleted...
  7. Why applied GPO on OU could not change desktop backgrund and just shows black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. region change in Account do not apply in MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    region change in Account do not apply in MS Store: While I have relocated from Russia and is no more living or related to the country, I still can not purchase products via MS Store due to the error of restriction of sales on the region. I have changed settings in my MS Account, linked phone, entered address. But still it...
  9. region change in Account do not apply in MS Store

region change in Account do not apply in MS Store: While I have relocated from Russia and is no more living or related to the country, I still can not purchase products via MS Store due to the error of restriction of sales on the region. I have changed settings in my MS Account, linked phone, entered address. But still it...
  10. region change in Account do not apply in MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store