Windows 10: Windows is not applying my changes.

Discus and support Windows is not applying my changes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is probably a simple bug, I was on msconfig and was trying to change an option. A really annoying problem happened. When I click apply, it resets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SomeoneDiedNowGoHome1, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:07 AM.

1. Windows is not applying my changes.

This is probably a simple bug, I was on msconfig and was trying to change an option. A really annoying problem happened. When I click apply, it resets the option and does nothing. I was also trying to change the maximum memory. Same thing happened when i clicked apply. Nothing happens and it just resets it back to 0. I really need help with this.

:)

SomeoneDiedNowGoHome1, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:07 AM

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:09 AM
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

4. psbecker Win User

Windows is not applying my changes.

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

Thema:

Windows is not applying my changes.

1. Windows is not applying my changes. - Similar Threads - applying changes

2. Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out: Since XP, I've been able to change my folder view then click on Apply to All Folders. This seems buggy in Windows 10 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-to-list-view-but-apply-to-all-folders-is/1fee229d-6335-4009-bcbb-55b3f8ca8911"
  3. Windows 10 printers changing its name on apply and stopping printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 printers changing its name on apply and stopping printing: Windows 10 printers changing its name on apply and stopping printing. The name change is causing the printers to stop responding. We added printers yesterday as network printers and today the printers would not print. We had to go into properties, create a new TCP port for...
  4. Can't "APPLY" changes on printing preferences

Can't "APPLY" changes on printing preferences: hello, I would like to seek on how to fix a problem in my EPSON L310 printer. If I choose "color" I cant apply it to effect change. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-apply-changes-on-printing-preferences/99f78bf4-dc65-4b48-b213-3db406d1ba33
  5. Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied: I used the Windows 10 Ring Doorbell app to setup my Ring 2 Doorbell months ago and to setup and at times change the motion detection settings. In early September 2019, the Windows 10 Doorbell app stopped allowing the setup or changing of the Motion Detection settings (which...
  6. automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes": is there a registry key that allows an automatic reboot on this windows message ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-restart-on-you-must-restart-your/08212996-16b4-44ce-944e-04dcd9679e26
  7. Proxy LAN settings and exceptions not applied when changed! I want my waisted money back in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy LAN settings and exceptions not applied when changed! I want my waisted money back in...: Hi, I have seen multiple issues related to proxy settings in Win10. As I have seen a workaround to change a specific registry setting (Proxysettings per user to 1), it suddenly works but will not work again when 'Restart' command is issued to reboot the PC or laptop. When...
  8. WMP "Apply media changes" will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP "Apply media changes" will not run: Since the latest 1809 updates, I cannot get "Apply media changes" to run on my Windows 10 desktop PC. Over the last two days, I've tried to run it three different times after restarts and after disabling OneDrive to no avail. [ATTACH] Usually it just stays like this. For...
  9. WHAT CHANGES WILL HAPPEN WHEN APPLYING RESTOREHEALTH COMMAND IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHAT CHANGES WILL HAPPEN WHEN APPLYING RESTOREHEALTH COMMAND IN WINDOWS 10: I want to know, what are the changes will happen when we applying the dism command here is the command Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  10. Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change

Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change: Hi, I just freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason al my Microphone inputs are forced to a sample rate of 8000 Hz (Telephone quality). I am able to change it to my prefered sample rate, but when clicking apply, it doesn't apply. Once I open the advanced settings...