Windows 10: Windows is not detecting EFI - URGENT

Discus and support Windows is not detecting EFI - URGENT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed Linux in my pc, which already had windows 10, and everything worked fine for some months. This morning windows was working great, then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marcos0303, May 18, 2020.

1. Windows is not detecting EFI - URGENT

I installed Linux in my pc, which already had windows 10, and everything worked fine for some months. This morning windows was working great, then I turned to Linux and since then when I try to run windows from the grub I get the following error: file efi/microsoft/bootmgfw.efi not found. I have already tried lilo but it didn't work. Any help would be really appreciated, since I need the pc for work.
    Ps: I don't have windows cd

:)

Marcos0303, May 18, 2020
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Windows is not detecting EFI  -  URGENT :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, May 18, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Urgent assistance required please - Browse for folder

Okay I don't see any known troublemakers in the shell extensions shown in explorer tab.

Windows is not detecting EFI  -  URGENT [​IMG]

Would suggest checking for updates for the softwares listed and installing updates if available.

Callender, May 18, 2020
  4. dictum Win User

Windows is not detecting EFI - URGENT

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows is not detecting EFI - URGENT

1. Windows is not detecting EFI - URGENT - Similar Threads - detecting EFI URGENT

2. Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection: Hi Microsoft Community,Windows Defender flagged a trojan threat in a software I downloaded a while ago. I deleted the file, but Windows Defender is still not updating its status, even after trying the specified actions.I went further and downloaded the same file again, hoping...
  3. Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection: Hi Microsoft Community,Windows Defender flagged a trojan threat in a software I downloaded a while ago. I deleted the file, but Windows Defender is still not updating its status, even after trying the specified actions.I went further and downloaded the same file again, hoping...
  4. Urgent: Windows Defender Not Updating After Trojan Detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Potentially revoked boot manager was detected in EFI partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially revoked boot manager was detected in EFI partition: Over the past few days, my computer has been crashing, specifically while i am playing games. The error in the even viewer is "Potentially revoked boot manager was detected in EFI partition. For more information, please see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2169931"...
  6. Potentially revoked boot manager was detected in EFI partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially revoked boot manager was detected in EFI partition: Over the past few days, my computer has been crashing, specifically while i am playing games. The error in the even viewer is "Potentially revoked boot manager was detected in EFI partition. For more information, please see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2169931"...
  7. Cannot detect specific WiFi - Please help! Urgent!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot detect specific WiFi - Please help! Urgent!: I'm sorry if this has been asked before but my computer cannot detect my WiFi connection but it can detect others such as my neighbours etc. It is the only device in the house that cannot detect the WiFi so the problem definitely lies with my computer/OS. Is there a common...
  8. Error : windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error : windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs: [ATTACH] My laptop is running on Ubuntu, and i want to install Windows 10 alongside my current os. But it show error "windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs" when i try to install Windows 10. what should i do? thank you, this is my partition...
  9. Assistance Required Urgently - Local Area Connection Detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assistance Required Urgently - Local Area Connection Detected: Hi Guys, Machine: Dell Vostro 3550 OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Version 1909 Firstly, Merry Christmas from Malaysia! Secondly, I have noticed a change in my home WiFi network lately and I am pretty certain that I am being spied on (that person is probably reading what I am...
  10. Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...: I am getting this error trying to install latest version of windows in a uefi bootable USB. I used Rufus to create the USB in ntfs format. I have formatted my OS and I don't want to lose any more data. What can I do?...