Windows 10: Windows is not detecting the mic on my headset

Discus and support Windows is not detecting the mic on my headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Mic on my headset is not connecting to the computer. It is a 3.5mm Jack. The audio is working fine and the mic was working 5 days ago. The mic still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zoro1100, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Zoro1100 Win User

Windows is not detecting the mic on my headset

My Mic on my headset is not connecting to the computer. It is a 3.5mm Jack. The audio is working fine and the mic was working 5 days ago. The mic still works when i plug it into my phone but when I plug it into the computer the computer cant since the mic. The mic does not come up in control panel but the head set does. My laptop is a dell xps13 2019

Can someone pleas help me fix this?

:)

Zoro1100, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Windbrand Win User

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Headset Mics not detected

Hi Zach,

This issue may have been caused by an outdated driver.

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the headset detected under Device manager?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Updating your audio jack driver can help. To update driver in Windows 10, refer to this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 14, 2021
  4. xoxoreem Win User

Headset mic

Someone please help me my laptop won't detect my headset mic. It detects the headset but I can't hear anything from it and if I speak into the mic it just uses the laptop mic instead of the headset mic. (I don't know if this is important but my headset
    is an astro a10 wired)

xoxoreem, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows is not detecting the mic on my headset - Similar Threads - detecting mic headset

2. Windows not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not detecting headset mic: I recently bought a new laptop and plugged the headset in and everything worked like a charm. However due to some issues I had to reinstall windows after which I never get the "Which device you plugged in" option nor does windows identify the mic. I tried putting other...
  3. Windows not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting headset mic: I recently bought a new laptop and plugged the headset in and everything worked like a charm. However due to some issues I had to reinstall windows after which I never get the "Which device you plugged in" option nor does windows identify the mic. I tried putting other...
  4. Windows not detecting my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting my headset mic: Hello,I got a new headset with a mic and it was working well before and a little while after the windows update but after a restart with an update my sound had no base and m microphone wasnt working, after an update my sound was back to normal but windows showed my headset as...
  5. Windows not detecting my headset mic

Windows not detecting my headset mic: Hello,I got a new headset with a mic and it was working well before and a little while after the windows update but after a restart with an update my sound had no base and m microphone wasnt working, after an update my sound was back to normal but windows showed my headset as...
  6. PC not detecting headset mic

PC not detecting headset mic: Hi,I have noticed that my computer is not detecting the input of my mic, it used to work fine a few weeks ago but stopped working now. I have tested it on my other laptop and it works perfectly fine on it. I've tried updating the drivers but windows says that all of them are...
  7. Mic's Not Being detected on headsets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic's Not Being detected on headsets: Hi,So Basically the problem is when i plug a headset in it Asks what is plugged in fine, i choose headset but it doesn't add any mic to my recordings tab all I have is Mic Array And Stereo MIX. I've looked at nearly every video and webpage about this but they all tell me to...
  8. Laptop not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not detecting headset mic: I recently picked up a Razer Kraken X for my Acer Nitro 5 Laptop. I plug the headset into my laptop and audio works fine, but the mic isn’t being detected at all and still uses the built in mic of the laptop - being the default realtek computer mic I don’t know how to make it...
  9. Windows 10 not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not detecting headset mic: Hello,I recently bought a Turtle Beach headset optimized for PC. When I plug it in, it works fine and all, but my laptop doesn't think it has a mic. The mic works and I used it while playing Fortnite. I saw the device name but it was called "{OPTION}". How do I make sure my...
  10. Headset mic not detecting on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not detecting on my laptop: Ok so i just bought a hyperx cloud stinger recently and for some reason its not detecting my mic? I've tried going to sound manager and changing my mic, but it only detects my laptop mic for some reason. Im on windows 10. 171926