Windows 10: Windows is not following the setting for the dump file location!

Discus and support Windows is not following the setting for the dump file location! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system is not able to create dump files (Event Viewer shows "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation"). These pictures are from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by George300, Jun 13, 2020.

1. George300 Win User

Windows is not following the setting for the dump file location!

My system is not able to create dump files (Event Viewer shows "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation").

These pictures are from my system: https://i.imgur.com/HtfuQKH.jpg
    You can see that the dump file must be %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP (i.e. on the partition C).
    But here https://i.imgur.com/vQklwfQ.jpg you can see that Windows is trying to create it on the K partition instead!

What is the reason for that?
    Thanks

:)

George300, Jun 13, 2020

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

BSOD Dump File Analysis

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the dump file. While we are checking the information you've shared, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Troubleshoot blue screen.

Please let us know the result after following the steps.

Ryan Fra, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows is not following the setting for the dump file location! - Similar Threads - following setting dump

2. I need to know where the following icon is located in the Windows files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to know where the following icon is located in the Windows files: I need to know in which .dll file this icon is located on W10. It's for a class project https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-where-the-following-icon-is-located/6be83fff-a196-414c-8566-0af521515f2a
  3. Dump file location Windows 11 version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dump file location Windows 11 version 22H2: Hi, I can no longer find the folder c:\windows\minidump . Where can I find dump files? Is it the right place to look for the blue screen of death cause? Thanks, Karel....
  4. Dump file location Windows 11 version 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dump file location Windows 11 version 22H2: Hi, I can no longer find the folder c:\windows\minidump . Where can I find dump files? Is it the right place to look for the blue screen of death cause? Thanks, Karel....
  5. dump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dump files: How to create dump files from my laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dump-files/2c20d127-c6e5-469c-9e14-d4e38dd2e934
  6. Dump Files

Dump Files: Hi all,Help needed please with the black art of translating a dump file. My Office 365 app "Access" doesn't open correctly, I reinstalled office, but Access still won't open, I just get a blank white window. I saved the dump file and opened it with windbg, but I have no...
  7. Settings App File Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings App File Location: I am trying to find the exact file location of the settings app in windows 10 for a program called Rainmeter. I found a thread on this website from way back in 2016 in which a person from Microsoft had answered this question by giving the file path. But when I go to the file,...
  8. BSOD - How to locate driver in dump file?

BSOD - How to locate driver in dump file?: MEMORY dmp Minidump File 0: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis...
  9. Set up dump file for system failure

Set up dump file for system failure: HELP! I have been getting a number of system failures. My PC has Windows 10 Pro installed, version 2004, with 8Gb RAM. The C drive has 183Gb free space, and the external HDD has 438Gb free. To enable debugging how much paging space should I set up, and which dump file should...
  10. File Dialog Settings Location ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Dialog Settings Location ?: Hi guys, If I open an Open File dialog box (like in Notepad or wherever) and it's set to display details, and I right-click the column header and check/uncheck some items in the popup menu (like Type, Data Modified, etc.) where do those settings get stored ? I thought...