Windows 10: Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.

Discus and support Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file. When I search in File Explorer it will not find the file that I know and can see when I search the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrendaPeterson3, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.

Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file. When I search in File Explorer it will not find the file that I know and can see when I search the folder manually?

:)

BrendaPeterson3, Dec 3, 2021

2. "hidden" text in DOC files IS indexed in Windows Indexing Service, but hidden text in DOCX files IS NOT indexed

Windows Index Service does index "hidden" text in DOC files, but the Index Service does not index hidden text in DOCX files .

Any way to index the hidden text in a DOCX file?

Don't know if this is relevant, but:

I notice that in the "Indexing Options/Advanced Options/File Types" dialog box,

DOC files have a "Filter Description" of "Microsoft Office Filter,"

while DOCX files have a "Filter Description" of "Open Office XML Format Word Filter."

Perhaps the difference in the filter is the problem? Any way to change that?

Many thanks for any help!!

Moved from: Office / Word / Windows 10 / Office 2016

Kevin in AZ, Dec 3, 2021
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.

1. Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file. - Similar Threads - index doc file

2. zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  3. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  4. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.: Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file. When I search in File Explorer it will not find the file that I know and can see when I search the folder manually?...
  6. Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.

Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file.: Windows is not "index" a doc, file or zip file. When I search in File Explorer it will not find the file that I know and can see when I search the folder manually?...
  7. zip files

zip files: i used to use 7zip to open zip file but when i unistalled and try to use the built in compressed file it just thinks that 7zip is still installed and doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f51c924d-930a-4de7-944b-7896b2f8413b
  8. ZIP FILES

ZIP FILES: Pls i need help so i got a prited game and i deleted everything in the file but the file is still there what can i do to make it vanish to brazil this is a meme pls help me there isnt anything in it its also “a zip folder”...
  9. Zip files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zip files: I downloaded zip files on PC Windows 10. When I extracted the files to install them. It completed but did not install the software or show any info. I do not find any icon showing that the software is installed what is wrong here and what can be done to correct the...
  10. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...