Windows 10: Windows is not performing startup repair

Discus and support Windows is not performing startup repair in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Cant able to log on in normal mode. Have to use Safe Mode. The startup repair could not be performed. Help needed. Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SoHa2, Aug 23, 2021.

1. SoHa2 Win User

Windows is not performing startup repair

Cant able to log on in normal mode. Have to use Safe Mode. The startup repair could not be performed. Help needed. Windows 10.

:)

SoHa2, Aug 23, 2021

2. Failed to perform Startup Repair, and failed Windows Updates

Hi Anjana,

As per the description, I suggest that you download Windows 10 ISO image, and create a Media Creation Tool. Once done perform Startup Repair through the tool.

To download the ISO click on the link below and refer to the section Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Download Windows 10

Once done, follow the steps below to perform Startup Repair

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
      you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 23, 2021
  4. Windows is not performing startup repair

Windows 10 Startup Repair is not working: "The operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.

• Select language and click on Next.

• Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.

• Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.

• Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows is not performing startup repair

1. Windows is not performing startup repair - Similar Threads - performing startup repair

2. Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Repair: I try using startup repair as my windows gets stuck on the back screen with cursor. When I click startup repair it asks me for my account password, even though I type the right password it says incorrect password. I tried resetting my Microsoft account password and entered...
  3. Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair: I'm sorry to bother you all again, but I wanted to ask about a startup warning i get sometimes and Iwonder what I can do to fix it. when I turn on my PC, a blue screen comes on and says my PC has committed a fatal error and needs repairs, when I click on one of the...
  4. Windows Startup Repair

Windows Startup Repair: Hi,I am stuck at Startup Repair when my laptop starts. I am using Windows 10 and I have tried almost everything internet suggests but nothing helped. Whenever I start my laptop it directly goes to Startup Repair screen and then it failed.I have to start laptop by pressing f9...
  5. Windows Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup Repair: Hi,I am stuck at Startup Repair when my laptop starts. I am using Windows 10 and I have tried almost everything internet suggests but nothing helped. Whenever I start my laptop it directly goes to Startup Repair screen and then it failed.I have to start laptop by pressing f9...
  6. Windows Startup Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Startup Repair

Startup Repair: Alright, so now I got this laptop to windows 10, few months later it’s having start up repair issues.https://youtu.be/OwCH5J97GV0 I’ve tryed all 3 parts of this series and nothing is working. I can’t give most information about it because I can’t even get into the laptop...
  8. Startup Repair

Startup Repair: Alright, so now I got this laptop to windows 10, few months later it’s having start up repair issues.https://youtu.be/OwCH5J97GV0 I’ve tryed all 3 parts of this series and nothing is working. I can’t give most information about it because I can’t even get into the laptop...
  9. Windows startup repair

Windows startup repair: my computer is prompting me to do startup repair. I let it run its course and the first 2 stafes take about 8 hours. Once it hits stage 3 i have an eta of about 2 1/2 hours and my monitor goes black. The strange thing is my pc is still on. Should i let it run its course? Or...
  10. Startup repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup repair: I am doing a startup repair and it is wanting me to put my password for the account. I have reset my password and it still wont let me do it on the computer. I was wondering what password it would be, is it either my microsoft account password or my login password which i do...