Windows 10: windows is not shutting down

Discus and support windows is not shutting down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my windows is not shutting down and it is showing getting windows ready...when i click shut down it shows shutting down and then after it shows getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GovindH1, Jun 14, 2021.

1. GovindH1 Win User

windows is not shutting down

my windows is not shutting down and it is showing getting windows ready...when i click shut down it shows shutting down and then after it shows getting windows ready dont turn off ur pc please help

:)

GovindH1, Jun 14, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. windows is not shutting down - Similar Threads - shutting down

2. My laptop restarts after I shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop restarts after I shut down: I tried the solution given in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-restarts-automatically-after-shutdown/d975e3ec-4944-4849-9596-e2429246f48a I did steps 1 and 2 but could not find the power management tab as mentioned in step 3. My laptop...
  3. How to shut down a program that will not terminate.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to shut down a program that will not terminate.: I have a Sked Program on windows like use c:\mypathtoIE\iexpore.exe and http://mydomain.com/mypage.htmit runs fine.. but the IE will not shut down after its run and stays running... I have the Sked pgm set to terminate the program if running when time for the next on.. but it...
  4. Shutting down the laptop

Shutting down the laptop: My windows isn't showing shut down, sleep, etc. option under power button. How do I shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-the-laptop/3cc62cb4-7144-4681-8cdb-74ed824be1bf
  5. Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly.

Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly.: Recently there was a windows update which was downloaded and installed and like all the updates it demanded a restart. I did so and got the message "Installing update Please do now shut down your computer" then the pc restarted and then I was prompted with "We couldn't...
  6. Desktop PC shuts down instead of gong to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC shuts down instead of gong to sleep: OS: Windows 10, version 20H2 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Board: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX (MS-7B84) Video card: nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 My desktop PC often shuts down when I tell it to sleep. It happens about every other time. One day it will go to sleep, the next day it will shut down....
  7. my new Dell laptop randomly shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my new Dell laptop randomly shut down: I bought a Dell G3 15 laptop a month ago, and it keeps turning off randomly, it's not often, in a month it turned off 4 times but it's annoying. I found this event:I am sure this event is related to turn off, how should I solve this?any Idea?...
  8. Windows 10, login error and restart/shut down issue.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, login error and restart/shut down issue.: Can’t login to Windows 10 without the “The RPC server is unavailable.” Popping up when I try. I can’t even restart or shut down my laptop due to it saying. “If you restart now, you and any other people using this PC could lose unsaved work.” and it never does what I want it...
  9. Windows Security Scan & Shut Down Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Scan & Shut Down Problem: I have a problem with Windows Security as I tried to scan but it quickly shut down afterwards. I am unsure what is the problem and this screenshot show whenever I tried to scan. Restart does not work....
  10. My laptop shuts down while booting by just showing the acer logo and the laptop boots again...

My laptop shuts down while booting by just showing the acer logo and the laptop boots again...: My acer laptopaspire 5733 running windows 10 automatically shuts down by just showing the acer logo while booting the laptop. After 1 second it automatically starts again and same thing happens. This process continues until I remove the battery from it. I am not able to run...