Windows 10: windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works

Discus and support windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have tried all recovery methods but my system is not starting. i have tried severally to reinstall windows but at a point it keeps saying windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kigwe, Sep 8, 2018.

1. kigwe Win User

windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works

i have tried all recovery methods but my system is not starting. i have tried severally to reinstall windows but at a point it keeps saying windows 10 installation file is corrupted, contact vendor or administrator. please help me because important files in my pc only though i partitioned the disk

:)

kigwe, Sep 8, 2018
  2. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Sep 8, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 8, 2018
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works - Similar Threads - starting booting nothing

2. Windows 10 - Nothing is working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Nothing is working: Recently I have encountered this issue, when I startup my computer, I cannot open programs. Right after I signed in, I can open programs, but after a while, new tabs I open in Google Chrome cannot load anything. I checked my wifi, but that was fine. I tried to restart...
  3. Windows 10 no admin, nothing works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no admin, nothing works: I was stupid and installed a virus onto my computer, upon doing so it changed all my admin rights so now I can't do anything. It also disabled admin rights on the built in administrator profile. I have tried resetting the computer but it won't let me. I don't have a disk...
  4. Booting up Explorer & Start page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting up Explorer & Start page: I opened up my Lenova Yoga this morning and neither Explorer nor the Start page will open. Outlook opens ok. Running Windows 10. Any ideas?...
  5. Nothing works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing works: When i click on any app/programme it will open it on my pin bar but nothing will happen . When i hover over the icon it will show that it is there and when i click on it, it is minimised. The only thing i can acess is control pannel but i cant reset my pc or do system restore...
  6. Start Menu Not Working and BSOD When Booting Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Not Working and BSOD When Booting Up: My ASUS laptop is only a few months old and has been working fine when a few days ago the Start Menu stopped working, as well as Cortana and File Explorer disappeared. My attempts to fix the problem may have made it worse as now I’m getting a BSOD. I’ll try to provide as much...
  7. Nothing works! Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing works! Help!: Hello everyone...im new here and in a bit of a pickle... I have a Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5305 that came with win8 upgraded to win10. It spent 8 months in the pawn shop and when i got it out i couldnt remember the password. So, not even remembering what was on it i decided...
  8. Windows 10 boot logo shows up twice and then start menu stops working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boot logo shows up twice and then start menu stops working: okay so i have had this issue for a long fing time now. like at least 10 clean installations of windows and it still keeps on happening. you can only imaging the amount to frustration im going through right now. i just did another clean install and now im trying everything...
  9. Nothing works at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing works at all: So I just updated to win10 from win7 and it has given me nothing but problems. Here is a list of features unavailable (when I click them the explorer either crashes, doesn't respond at all, or gives a blank screen): *I cannot connect to the internet. *I cannot open network...
  10. Start up window not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up window not working: When I left click the start up icon I get a message: Critical Error, Start Up Window isn't functioning. Will try to fix when you re-start. The Error message prevents all other windows from opening. When I click the message, the system re-boots, but the Error continues. If I...