Windows 10: windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily.

Discus and support windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Overnight a network drive I use daily to access a work program now says windows cannot access it and that I do not have permission and to contact the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jennifer Arms, May 9, 2023.

1. windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily.

Overnight a network drive I use daily to access a work program now says windows cannot access it and that I do not have permission and to contact the network administrator to request permission. I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I have used this computer like this for 5 or so yrs. I am the administrator and own both computers. A third computer set up the same way is still letting me access through it and I own it too. I can see the drive there in Network locations in This PC and it's not x'd out. How can I request and give myself permission or is there another way to fix it?

:)

Jennifer Arms, May 9, 2023
  2. lucasbuck Win User

Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7

I have Windows Media Center set up on Win 7 on one machine. When I got to Network on the 10 machine, the 7 machine is listed, as well as all the drives on it. When I try to open any folder is says I don't have permission to access it. Everything I can find is set to share with everyone, all permissions. I don;t know which machine is having the problem. Any suggestions?

lucasbuck, May 9, 2023
  3. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 9, 2023
  4. Gino Des Win User

windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily.

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, May 9, 2023
Thema:

windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily.

1. windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily. - Similar Threads - saying don't permission

2. It says I don't have access to my external disk drive, I checked the permissions and I have...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    It says I don't have access to my external disk drive, I checked the permissions and I have...: I travelled with my external disk drive some days ago and now that I plug it in, it says "E:\ is not accessible, access refused", I tried changing the letter for it and it changed nothing, I checked for viruses and got everything removed but still nothing, anything I could do...
  3. It says I don't have access to my external disk drive, I checked the permissions and I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I don't have access to my external disk drive, I checked the permissions and I have...: I travelled with my external disk drive some days ago and now that I plug it in, it says "E:\ is not accessible, access refused", I tried changing the letter for it and it changed nothing, I checked for viruses and got everything removed but still nothing, anything I could do...
  4. It says I don't have access to my external disk drive, I checked the permissions and I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily.

windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily.: Overnight a network drive I use daily to access a work program now says windows cannot access it and that I do not have permission and to contact the network administrator to request permission. I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I have used this computer like this for 5 or so yrs. I...
  6. windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily.

windows is now saying I don't have permission to access a network drive I use daily.: Overnight a network drive I use daily to access a work program now says windows cannot access it and that I do not have permission and to contact the network administrator to request permission. I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I have used this computer like this for 5 or so yrs. I...
  7. don't have permission to access windows 11 on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    don't have permission to access windows 11 on network: I can see windows 11 on my network from win 10 but don't have permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-permission-to-access-windows-11-on/c9f1b468-c8d1-43c7-9c83-6c0bb9e4be54
  8. don't have permission to access windows 11 on network

don't have permission to access windows 11 on network: I can see windows 11 on my network from win 10 but don't have permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-permission-to-access-windows-11-on/c9f1b468-c8d1-43c7-9c83-6c0bb9e4be54
  9. I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission: I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-the-screensaver-manager-it-says-i/22edcd86-1556-48eb-a7ba-fb65c496f3fa
  10. External hard drive says I don't have access

External hard drive says I don't have access: I have a brand new surface pro 7 and when I tried to open my removable hard drive it says I don't have access and I don't understand the instructions on how to gain access. Please help or let me know where to go for help. Thanks...