Windows 10: windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow

Discus and support windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello my gaming pc is being realy slow on startup and loud it started when i assembled it and booted i noticed it was super loud this was coused by my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Toonde Groot, Apr 12, 2021.

1. windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow

hello my gaming pc is being realy slow on startup and loud it started when i assembled it and booted i noticed it was super loud this was coused by my cpu fan and when i booted it was realy slow altho i had only 4 gb ddr 4 ram in it so i thought that was the case but now i have 8 and still its realy slow can someone help me?

specs:

cpu: amd ryzen 5 3400g with radreon graphics

ram: 8 gb ddr 4

storage: hdd 2 tb

gpu: nvidea gtx 950 limited edition

motherboard: asus prime a320m-k

i hope you guys can help me

:)

Toonde Groot, Apr 12, 2021
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow :cool:

SlipSlice, Apr 12, 2021
  3. catstone Win User
    Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Apr 12, 2021
  4. catstone Win User

windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow

Slow Startup

could ip config possibly slow down startup?
    i use route too, but seems that fixed or assigned ip makes no difference

catstone, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow

1. windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow - Similar Threads - realy slow startup

2. Slow Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Startup: I have a dell inspiron 3593. It's been a month since I am having it, at first it was working dine but now it is having problems such as blue screen while restarting and the biggest of all it takes too much time in startup. I have tried everything such as using best...
  3. Slow startup and slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow startup and slow shutdown: Hi everyone, I have a problem with my laptop with Windows 10. The startup is very slow (about 5 minutes) and the shutdown is the same. I checked the health of the disk with cristaldiskinfo and it's ok. I also did a malware scan and everything is fine. I disabled all junk...
  4. Slow Startup and running of apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Startup and running of apps: FYI, my laptop is Asus, cpu is intel core i7-6500u. I recently installed the KB4540673 update yesterday. My laptop was working fine for around 1 day but today, apps started crashing and it takes forever to open one. So, I thought it is because of the update because it...
  5. Laptoy running realy slow after doing a "reset"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptoy running realy slow after doing a "reset": My laptop has been running more and more slowly so I decided to try doing "a reset" but that hasn't helped it is still freezing up and running slowly. I have also run a full scan that found nothing. Are there any other solutions to try, I have Windows 10...
  6. Slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow startup: Suddenly on startup my installed apps are downloading one at a time and are slow. Also if I try to download a new app it takes a long time.Once all the apps are open all is normal .any help please...
  7. Slow startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow startup: When I power my PC up it takes a long time before I can do anything without having to wait. I have checked and my 'C' drive is 100% busy for several minutes. What can I do to alleviate having by disk thrashed (and thereby get to being productive without having to wait while I...
  8. Slow startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup: Hi there, my laptop since upgrade from W7 to W10 has slow startup. I click turn on button, after first loading, everything go sleep (maybe) and have to wait nearly 1 minutes then Windows starts normally. Any suggestions? Thank you 1Lui_Qc5guc 75059
  9. Slow startup

Slow startup: Good day to all. I have a Acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop. It's running well on windows 10. The only thing is very slow on startup timed it this morning on a restart it took two min 35 seconds. I have looked on this forum and did find good info tried most of it but no joy. On...
  10. Slow Startup

Slow Startup: Win 10 boots up but takes 10-15min before I can access anything on lower tool bar..... 46266