Windows 10: WINDOWS IS REMOVING ANY DOCUMENT OR FILE I DOWNLOAD

Discus and support WINDOWS IS REMOVING ANY DOCUMENT OR FILE I DOWNLOAD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I turn of virus protection in windows. It is deleting every file I try to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaneRaymond, Jan 21, 2020.

1. WINDOWS IS REMOVING ANY DOCUMENT OR FILE I DOWNLOAD

How do I turn of virus protection in windows. It is deleting every file I try to download

:)

JaneRaymond, Jan 21, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 21, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

WINDOWS IS REMOVING ANY DOCUMENT OR FILE I DOWNLOAD

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

WINDOWS IS REMOVING ANY DOCUMENT OR FILE I DOWNLOAD

1. WINDOWS IS REMOVING ANY DOCUMENT OR FILE I DOWNLOAD - Similar Threads - REMOVING DOCUMENT FILE

2. I can't download any type of file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download any type of file.: I am using Windows 8 or 8.1. I purchased the Microsoft suite years ago. I can't download any type of file now. Is this because I'm not using Microsoft 365? I can't afford a new computer and a new monthly charge. How can I resume being able to download documents?...
  3. I can't download any type of file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download any type of file.: I am using Windows 8 or 8.1. I purchased the Microsoft suite years ago. I can't download any type of file now. Is this because I'm not using Microsoft 365? I can't afford a new computer and a new monthly charge. How can I resume being able to download documents?...
  4. why cant i download any files/documents on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i download any files/documents on my pc: asus computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-any-filesdocuments-on-my-pc/d3cf6dbe-82fb-4962-b126-4cda35bf7968
  5. why cant i download any files/documents on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i download any files/documents on my pc: asus computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-any-filesdocuments-on-my-pc/d3cf6dbe-82fb-4962-b126-4cda35bf7968
  6. removing files and documents from OneSource

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    removing files and documents from OneSource: I accidentally enrolled for OneSource. All of my files and documents are now missing. I removed OneSource from my desktop. I do not have a OneSource icon on my computer. How can I retrieve my files and documents and return them to my computer?...
  7. Since the downloads I cannot attach any photos or documents to emails, facebook and documents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since the downloads I cannot attach any photos or documents to emails, facebook and documents.: Since the latest downloads to windows 10 I cannot attach any photos to emails, facebook and documents, etc. I need to be able to attach. I have gotten no help from Microsoft. So frustrated. Nothing has been helping, when I did troubleshoot it told me that Microsoft Photo...
  8. Problem with opening any documents or downloaded files

Problem with opening any documents or downloaded files: I am running Windows 10 and have done all the updates per schedule. I accessed an Excel file on June 7th, turned the computer off as we were gone for 2 days and now when I got back on June 9th, I get an error message on all document files and downloaded files - "Windows...
  9. Cannot Download Any Microsoft Office File I download.

Cannot Download Any Microsoft Office File I download.: I have been having this isssue for months. I can no longer open any Microsoft Office file such as word or excel, really only power point works, that I download. I can create files on word and excel normally but any time I attempt to download and open a file I will get an...
  10. Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download...: i've tried to download several executable files from official sites (e.g. minecraft launcher), and when I try to open them from chrome, and a new chrome tab called "window dialog" is made, but is invisible. when I try to open them from my downloads folder, they are all...