Windows 10: Windows is Repartitioning Linux Drive

Discus and support Windows is Repartitioning Linux Drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys! I have dual boot and windows deleted the first 17MB of btrfs linux drives and made a "microsoft reserved" partition there, where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whatevamen, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Windows is Repartitioning Linux Drive

/u/whatevamen, Mar 21, 2021
  2. haydnguy Win User

Need To Reclaim USB Storage after Linux Repartition

I have a 16GB USB stick that I am needing to do a Windows Media Clean Install from. At one time I thought about using the USB stick for a Linux Live Install from. I never did but I just realized that Linux must have repartitioned the USB stick because it
    now shows that there is only 140k capacity when it is a 16GB stick!

Is there any way that I can repartition the USB stick so that I can reclaim the entire stick?

haydnguy, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Silverel Win User
    Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Windows is Repartitioning Linux Drive

Error: "Scan the drive now and fix it", Linux named folder with special characters are not accessable in Windows 10 using external hard drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the file partition format type of your external drive?

As Linux and Windows they work on different file system, when the files are migrated from Linux base system to Windows OS, most of the files that are not supported could be hidden, I suggest you to follow the steps below to further
    narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Check the hard drive in different computer.

I suggest you to check the hard drive in a different computer and check if you still face the issue.

If the same issue persists on different computer then the issue might be with the hard drive itself, I suggest you to contact the local tech and get the drive checked.

Method 2: Run Check disk.

Run the check disk command to repair the hard drive and fix the bad sectors.

1. Search for Command Prompt on the start menu.
    2. Right click and Run as Administrator.
    3. Type in chkdsk C: /f /r /x where
      C: represents the drive letter for the hard drive change the drive letter according to your system and hit enter.

Disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might
    be lost.

Method 3: Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

I suggest you refer to this article
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems

download and run the troubleshooter to fix the issue with USB detection.

Method 4: uninstall USB drivers.

1. If you still face the issue and the hard drives throws the error again, you can refer the article

USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go into selective suspend
      and check if this helps you.
    2. Reboot the computer once after the steps are completed.

Method 5: Backup your data on Linux OS.

As the drive is compatible with Linux system, I suggest you to backup your data on any Linux computer first.

Method 6: Check for hidden files.

Some Linux files that are not readable by Windows are sometimes hidden in Windows, you can follow the below steps to unhide them and access the data.

1. If you are able to read the hard drive, I suggest you to navigate to the drive partition and

unhide all the hidden folder
      and check.
    2. If you are still not able to see the data, uncheck
      Hide protected operating system files.
    3. After you have found your files, I suggest you to undo the changes.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows is Repartitioning Linux Drive

1. Windows is Repartitioning Linux Drive - Similar Threads - Repartitioning Linux Drive

2. I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck: I want to repartition drive D: into drive C:, I use partition tools and there it says that I have to decrypt drive D: in order to continue the process, I go into 'Device Encryption Settings' and decrypt the device, when running it suddenly the process stopped and the process...
  3. How can I repartition my hard drive memory?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I repartition my hard drive memory?: I have a pc that is a month old. This is the memory breakdown it holds. Now this is not a cheap basic computer, I upgraded everything I could to make it as future proof as possible in an attempt to get ten years out of it if I could. So why in the name of Mike are...
  4. onedrive / google drive on Linux

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    onedrive / google drive on Linux: Hi folks 1) Install rclone on Linux via your package manager - on arch / manjaro it's in the AUR (yay rclone) 2) follow these instructions after installing rclone (start at step 2 in the instructions !! skip step 1 -- install via your own package manager) How To Mount...
  5. Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup?: I bought a dell laptop a year ago, Dell - Inspiron 15.6" 7000 2-in-1 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB - GeForce MX250 - 512GB SSD + Optane. I love it. I regularly back up all my computers using Macrium which has served me well. Recently I looked at the...
  6. Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup?: I bought a dell laptop a year ago, Dell - Inspiron 15.6" 7000 2-in-1 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB - GeForce MX250 - 512GB SSD + Optane. I love it. I regularly back up all my computers using Macrium which has served me well. Recently I looked at the...
  7. Need To Reclaim USB Storage after Linux Repartition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need To Reclaim USB Storage after Linux Repartition: I have a 16GB USB stick that I am needing to do a Windows Media Clean Install from. At one time I thought about using the USB stick for a Linux Live Install from. I never did but I just realized that Linux must have repartitioned the USB stick because it now shows that there...
  8. Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62: The D: or Recovery Drive partition on my hard drive is full, and I am getting constant alerts. Here is what I would like to do. 1. Copy files out of the D: Volume into C: Volume. 2. Delete the D: Volume. 3. Shrink the C: Volume by 10 GB 4. Create a new D: Volume adding...
  9. Repartitioning a Windows 10 PC?

Repartitioning a Windows 10 PC?: I have a HP-P077tx laptop with Windows 10 installed, upgraded from Windows 8.1 which was preinstalled. Now I was planning to change the size and number of partitions of my hard drive and reinstalling windows 10 with a bootable Windows 10 usb drive. I have couple of question...
  10. Linux on a flash drive

Linux on a flash drive: Is there a tutorial on how to setup Linux Distro on a large flashdrive where you can add software to the flash drive and a printer. That when you close the linux version and remove the flashdrive and then decide to use it later, all the software is still there? 72492