Windows 10: Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games

Discus and support Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have intel 9Geni5 processor, 16GB DDR 4 RAM, NVIDIA RTX 2060 graphics card and PSU of 550, I am facing issue for some time. My system is getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chiranjibmukherjee, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games

I have intel 9Geni5 processor, 16GB DDR 4 RAM, NVIDIA RTX 2060 graphics card and PSU of 550, I am facing issue for some time. My system is getting auto restart when I am playing hight end games like FAR CRY NEW DAWN, Quantum Break, and its restart automatically without Bluescreen. I am not understanding what is the issue, I am freshly installing windows and update all my drivers even after that I am getting it an issue. Can anyone help me with this issue to be resolved?

:)

chiranjibmukherjee, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get the Taskbar while playing games in Full screen mode. Ideally, some games allow you to hide the Taskbar while playing games and some will show the Taskbar by default. We would like to know, if this issue occurs with all the
    games or only with one particular game.

If you are facing this issue with one particular game, then there must be some in game setting that you might have to change. If you are facing this issue with all the games, then you can try one workaround and see if that helps.

The workaround is to close Windows Explorer process while you are playing game. This will allow you to play the game uninterruptedly. However, when you End the Windows Explorer process, all the windows that are running in the background will be closed,
    which allow you to play the game without any interruption of the Taskbar. When you want all the windows back, you can restart the Windows Explorer process.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key while playing game, this will open
      Task Manager.
    2. Look for Windows Explorer process, right click on it and select
      End Task.
    3. When you want the windows back, open Task Manager by following
      Step 1, and click on File.
    4. Click on Run new task, type
      explorer.exe
      and click on OK. Windows Explorer will be restarted and you will have all the windows back again.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Craftron Win User
    Computer randomly restarts while playing certain games

This happens most often while playing grim dawn, but its happened very rarely on minecraft, sekiro, and titan quest. Sometimes it happens immediately, sometimes I can play for hours with no problems. Temperatures are fine, CPU never going above 60 and GPU
    never above 50. Screen suddenly goes black and then my computer starts loading up again automatically.

Specs:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
    • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080
    • RAM: 2x8gb G.SKILL Ripvaws V 2400mhz
    • Motherboard: MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi
    • PSU: Corsair CX750M
    Things I've tried:

• Reinstalled game
    • Reinstalled/updated graphics drivers
    • Changed fan curves
    • sfc /scannow
    • Windows updates
    • BIOS updates
    • enabled/disabled XMP
    • enabled/disabled virtualization
    • reseated cables
    • reseated ram
    • ran memtest86 with no errors
    • tried different outlet with and without surge protector
    It has never restarted while idle, and hasn't restarted while playing the vast majority of my games, most being significantly more demanding. I had the problem initially on minecraft, but then it suddenly stopped and I've been able to play it fine with no
    issues up until now. Still restarting in the other games. I remember this happening on grim dawn one or two years ago, but I stopped playing and forgot about the problem until recently when I tried playing again. It's never restarted during any CPU or GPU
    stress tests. No relevant information in the event viewer as far as I can tell, only the generic kernel power 41. I have no idea what else to try, and I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Craftron, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games

Windows 10 ALT+Tabbing itself while playing games.

Hi,

It would be great if you can answer the following questions:

• Does the issue occur only while playing game?
    • Does the issue occur while using any other apps?
    • Are you referring to Windows Store games or Desktop games?

I would suggest you to make sure that the keys are not pressed by mistake. I would suggest you to restart the computer in clean boot and then try to play the game and check if the issue persists as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games

1. Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games - Similar Threads - restarting automatically while

2. PC restarts while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts while playing games: I've had this problem for a while now. While gaming my PC suddently restarts. I don't hear the fans speeding up compared to using my PC normally, nor does it happen whenever I do something potentially hard to compute. As far as I've seen theres no indication when it happens....
  3. PC restarts while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restarts while playing games: I've had this problem for a while now. While gaming my PC suddently restarts. I don't hear the fans speeding up compared to using my PC normally, nor does it happen whenever I do something potentially hard to compute. As far as I've seen theres no indication when it happens....
  4. Headphones, mouse and keyboard randomly disconnects while playing AAA games or more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones, mouse and keyboard randomly disconnects while playing AAA games or more...: Hello,I recently upgraded my PC and ever since have problem when i play some AAA games my headphones, keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect after a while, sometimes it goes few hours without problem or it can happen within 15 minutes of playing, when i play games like...
  5. Headphones, mouse and keyboard randomly disconnects while playing AAA games or more...

Headphones, mouse and keyboard randomly disconnects while playing AAA games or more...: Hello,I recently upgraded my PC and ever since have problem when i play some AAA games my headphones, keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect after a while, sometimes it goes few hours without problem or it can happen within 15 minutes of playing, when i play games like...
  6. PC keeps restarting while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps restarting while playing games: I've had this for a while now where my pc suddenly turns of as if the power was cut off which isn't the cause and then immediately just boots up again, there is no BSOD. It has only happened so far when playing games with high graphics. I always get the following events just...
  7. PC keeps restarting while playing games

PC keeps restarting while playing games: I've had this for a while now where my pc suddenly turns of as if the power was cut off which isn't the cause and then immediately just boots up again, there is no BSOD. It has only happened so far when playing games with high graphics. I always get the following events just...
  8. PC keeps restarting while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Laptop Locking automatically while playing games.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop Locking automatically while playing games.: My laptop seems to be locking automatically while playing graphically demanding games like Red dead redemption 2. I tried updating everything , but even after updating the problem persists. My system details:Dell G3 15 35008gb RAM512 GB...
  10. pc restarts while only playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc restarts while only playing games: i recently beilt a new computer and my setup is ryzen 9 5900x, 32gb 3200mhz, ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Gaming AMD AM4, 1000watt silverstone psu, 2070 super. my pc resets when i am playing games like rust and rainbow 6 seige. the thermals are fine and the cpu and gpu only got up...