Windows 10: Windows is restarting for no reason and without warning.

Discus and support Windows is restarting for no reason and without warning. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I just want to ask real quick about this. But my laptop restarts without warning occasionally. It typically does this sometime after 10 PM. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RMF_AndyPlayz, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Windows is restarting for no reason and without warning.

Hello, I just want to ask real quick about this. But my laptop restarts without warning occasionally. It typically does this sometime after 10 PM. I looked up the causes of this problem:Computer overheatingMalwareOut of powerFailed hardwareBut it's none of these. This problem isn't very urgent to me, but it is very annoying. Does anyone know what's up with my laptop?Thanks

:)

RMF_AndyPlayz, Aug 10, 2021

2. Shutdown and Restart with no warning.

Hi Steve,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why your computer keeps on shutting down. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest creating a new user account and see if the same issues will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow
    the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people >Add
      someone else to this PC
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 10, 2021
  3. little cat, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Windows is restarting for no reason and without warning.

Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows is restarting for no reason and without warning.

1. Windows is restarting for no reason and without warning. - Similar Threads - restarting reason without

2. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  3. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  4. Window restart without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window restart without warning: When I run full virus scan, on a particular time suddenly window restart.... or When I play games it restarts but earlier same game run smoothly. I tried run virus scan in safe mode but safe mode too restart.... Plzz help Lenovo thinkcenter M38I5 4th gen2+2 gb ram128 gb ssd...
  5. Window restart without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window restart without warning: When I run full virus scan, on a particular time suddenly window restart.... or When I play games it restarts but earlier same game run smoothly. I tried run virus scan in safe mode but safe mode too restart.... Plzz help Lenovo thinkcenter M38I5 4th gen2+2 gb ram128 gb ssd...
  6. Window restart without warning

7. PC restarts without warning

PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  8. Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning: About two weeks back I got a new laptop and almost everyday I seem to be facing restart issues. While working the screen goes black and the laptop restarts. This happens once almost everyday. There is some thermal throttling when it happens but the laptop doesn't seem to be...
  9. Restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...
  10. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...