Windows 10: Windows is scaling it's native software strangely

Discus and support Windows is scaling it's native software strangely in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is anyone else having this problem? When I have things scaled to 100% everything looks peachy (albeit a tad small to read for my aging eyes), but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sephor, Mar 4, 2021.

1. /u/Sephor Win User

Windows is scaling it's native software strangely

Is anyone else having this problem? When I have things scaled to 100% everything looks peachy (albeit a tad small to read for my aging eyes), but when I scale to 125% (the recommended setting on my laptop), I get this odd issue where everything bounds to a smaller box in the corner, with a lot of filler.

Here's a screenshot that shows what I'm talking about.

I get a very similar issue with the "Your Phone" app, as well. My notifications on the taskbar also are off the screen, so I am guessing it is something to do with native windows applications, perhaps? If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, please let me know!

submitted by /u/Sephor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sephor, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 4, 2021
  3. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Windows is scaling it's native software strangely

Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows is scaling it's native software strangely

1. Windows is scaling it's native software strangely - Similar Threads - scaling native software

2. Strange graphical and software bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange graphical and software bugs: Everything was fine yesterday, but after getting on my laptop after letting it sit for 5 or 10 minutes it suddenly had huge problems Most images appear like so, garbled and covered in weird static, and lots of apps such as settings, and even third party ones such as discord...
  3. Strange graphical and software bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange graphical and software bugs: Everything was fine yesterday, but after getting on my laptop after letting it sit for 5 or 10 minutes it suddenly had huge problems Most images appear like so, garbled and covered in weird static, and lots of apps such as settings, and even third party ones such as discord...
  4. Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange: Date of Post: November 30, 2022Issue: Link To Windows Software for Android Phone not working. Strange behaviors, no error messagesTools Used: I am running Windows 10 Home on an HP Laptop and Android Software on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 smart phoneWow. Microsoft really did not...
  5. Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange: Date of Post: November 30, 2022Issue: Link To Windows Software for Android Phone not working. Strange behaviors, no error messagesTools Used: I am running Windows 10 Home on an HP Laptop and Android Software on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 smart phoneWow. Microsoft really did not...
  6. How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode: When your monitor doesn’t support certain resolutions, you see images that don’t fit the screen completely or lack the sharpness you’d otherwise expect. It then becomes necessary to enable GPU scaling as it lets you experience fine-tuned graphics and image output regardless...
  7. Strange strings appear at the Scale and layout section

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange strings appear at the Scale and layout section: New install, and some issue with the display resolution settings. Any clue what can cause this? Thank you for the help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-strings-appear-at-the-scale-and-layout/6b4480fe-bc11-4c7d-9879-6f591220bd92
  8. Strange Drive Partitions Are Not Allowing The Installation of Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Drive Partitions Are Not Allowing The Installation of Software: Strange Drive Partitions Are Not Allowing The Installation of Software After much frustration, my tech illiterate friend came to me for assistance saying that she was unable to install any new software. I checked the drives in the manager and found nothing wrong, yet the...
  9. Any software installation UI scaled up bigger

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any software installation UI scaled up bigger: Hi, I have some problems on my window PCs. I tried to install some software such as Autodesk (autoCAD, Robot,...), the problem started to show up - the installation interface scaled up and I can't access to the installation process. Another installed software UI also...
  10. Strange buzzing produced by software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange buzzing produced by software: Hi, I have a buzzing sound coming from my speakers. The buzzing is constant and can be increased or removed completely with the main volume control. It starts once windows has loaded. I can't get the speakers to produce any other sound, from any program. The buzzing comes...