Windows 10: Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

Discus and support Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Markasey, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Markasey Win User

Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to continue typing until it happens again. I noticed if I just stop, the cell selects and de-selects repeatedly by itself. It's not just an office issue either. I noticed if I just reboot and open a browser, the tabs are being selected and de-selected also constantly. Makes it nearly impossible to type without driving you insane. Constantly have to re-click to re-gain control of the mouse. It's almost as if someone is on remote assistance wrestling

:)

Markasey, Oct 11, 2021
  2. A Monell Win User

confused about selecting boot device

This is good information but I am confused about step 2 below. Wouldn't I need to select whatever device, USB or DVD, the install media is on at this point and not how I want the final install to boot?
    Thanks,and sorry for dragging up an old post but it had most of the info I was looking for.

It is up to you whether you want to install Windows using MBR or GPT and you need to set the option in the BIOS for MBR or GPT style installation.

Having said that. Here's the steps:
    1. Disconnect all HD/SSD except the one you will be installing Windows
    2. From the boot menu, Select #1 for GPT or select #2 for MBR to boot up the Windows Installation
      Attachment 29081
      NOTE: The screen is an example and might look different from yours
    3. Once the Windows Installation started. On the first screen, Press and hold SHIFT Key + F10, a command Windows will popup then type:
      - diskpart
      - select disk 0
      - Clean
      - Exit
      - Exit
    4. Click Next to continue.
    5. Select Custom
    6. Select the first unallocated partition and click next. Windows will create all needed partitions to install Windows 10
    7. Follow all the rest of the instruction to complete.

MBR installation:
    1. 500MB System Reserved partition
    2. C: Drive
    GPT installation:
    1. 450MB recovery partition
    2. 100MB EFI System Partition
    3. 16MB MSR partition
    4. C drive.
    [/QUOTE]

A Monell, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Mouse Button Selection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Please share the details.

• Are you facing similar with another app as well?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I would suggest to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware troubleshooter

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and Devices

Method 2:
    update drivers

I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Method 3:Compatibility mode

If issue still persist suggest install latest available driver from manufacturer's website. If there are no windows 10 drivers then install the available driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 11, 2021
  4. inf3rno Win User

New build - parts selected

I like the way you selected *Smile Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening? :) especially the GFX card and Mobo from XFX and ASUS respectively. But I too suggest you to go with GTX 295 rather than GTX 275 SLI later.

inf3rno, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening? - Similar Threads - selecting selecting itself

2. Windows services selection moving by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows services selection moving by itself: So I have looked far and wide, and only very few seem to have a similar issue, but mostly those came to faulty hardware.My issue is:This is exclusive to windows items such as: Start menu, setting menu, notifications, "apply or revert screen resolution" etc.The selection...
  3. Windows services selection moving by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows services selection moving by itself: So I have looked far and wide, and only very few seem to have a similar issue, but mostly those came to faulty hardware.My issue is:This is exclusive to windows items such as: Start menu, setting menu, notifications, "apply or revert screen resolution" etc.The selection...
  4. Windows services selection moving by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Select what happens with removeable drives

Select what happens with removeable drives: i get this error randomly while playing games but i dont have any removeable drives i have 1 hdd and when that error shows up anything on my hdd crashes and it happens so often what might be the problem...
  6. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?: As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to continue typing until it happens again. I noticed if I just stop, the cell selects and de-selects repeatedly by itself. It's...
  7. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?: As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to continue typing until it happens again. I noticed if I just stop, the cell selects and de-selects repeatedly by itself. It's...
  8. Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself: Hello, my current problem is that everytime I right click or leftclick on an option the selected area moves by its own or selects something else, making me unable to click anything. It only happens within windows, not within seperate programs. The Mouse and keyboard are...
  9. De-select individual images in themes

De-select individual images in themes: Hello, guys. I want to de-select some images in Windows 10 themes I downloaded from MS website. I remember I did this when I installed Win 10 many months ago. Now, after anniversary update, I can't figure it out how I made. I found another thread, where is a file to...
  10. De-Select individual pictures in Theme

De-Select individual pictures in Theme: I am using W10 Pro 1511 v10586.14 and seem to be unable to de-select individual pictures from my desktop background themes, can help with this issue, Thanks 32317