Windows 10: Windows is setting up class config on everything under internet adaptors

Discus and support Windows is setting up class config on everything under internet adaptors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using my computer as normal when out of no where, the internet shut off. I tried to look at my networks, but the box was compleatly gone. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PersonMon, Dec 13, 2020.

1. PersonMon Win User

Windows is setting up class config on everything under internet adaptors

I was using my computer as normal when out of no where, the internet shut off. I tried to look at my networks, but the box was compleatly gone. I went to my drivers and my internet adaptor had the error described in the title. “Windows is currently setting up class confuguration” so i looked it up and most people said it was because of vpn’s. So i removed all my vpn’s and restarted, but nothing changed. So i deleted all apps that might have somthing to do with internet, yet still nothing worked. So i just figured my adaptor was broken, and drove to the store and picked up a usb one. To my shock, the brand new adaptor had the exact same error. I thought it could be a coincidence or my computer just hates wifi adaptors. In desperation i bought an ethernet to usb converter, and it gave the exact same error. And thats where i am now. Sorry for bad spelling or grammer, im typing this on mobile for obvious reasons

:)

PersonMon, Dec 13, 2020

2. Network adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    For games I suggest you to disable the proxy settings and then try to download the games.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Internet connections drops intermittently after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Niji,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to run the Network Troubleshooter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click
      ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Internet Connections’ and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2: Update Network adaptor.

I suggest you to update your network adaptor drivers and check.

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • In device manager go to Network adaptor.
    • Right click and click on Update drive software
    For reference: Refer to the post by Santosh: Losing internet connection after upgrades on Windows 10

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Windows is setting up class config on everything under internet adaptors

Internet keeps disconnecting Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to help you.

I suggest you to follow the method provided and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under Network and Internet.
    • Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall network adaptor driver and check if it helps.

Method 2: uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Follow the steps provided, to uninstall and reinstall the
    network adaptor driver.

• Press Windows logo + X key.
    • Click on device manager.
    • Select the network adaptor.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    • After the uninstalling the drivers restart the computer. This should automatically install proper drivers for it.
    You may also download and install the latest network adaptor drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this helps. Do let you if your issue is resolved. For another query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows is setting up class config on everything under internet adaptors

1. Windows is setting up class config on everything under internet adaptors - Similar Threads - setting class config

2. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device Code 56 Under ALL...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device Code 56 Under ALL...: Ive been having wifi & network connection problems out of the blue for some reason and the title says the problem lol.Extra Info:Ive tried:Uninstalling an update Nothing happenedRe installing drivers gave same errorAdvanced Options Startup no mode helpedResetting PC...
  3. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device Code 56 Under ALL...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device Code 56 Under ALL...: Ive been having wifi & network connection problems out of the blue for some reason and the title says the problem lol.Extra Info:Ive tried:Uninstalling an update Nothing happenedRe installing drivers gave same errorAdvanced Options Startup no mode helpedResetting PC...
  4. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device Code 56 Under ALL...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  6. Internet Ip Config

Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  7. Class Not Registered when setting up Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Class Not Registered when setting up Outlook: Hi Just purchased Surface Pro 7 and installed Office 365. Got Class Not Registered error with outlook when trying to set up email account. Tried numerous methods from Microsoft Community but still not resolved. Please advise how issue can be resolved....
  8. nvcontainer windows class and empty config file

nvcontainer windows class and empty config file: sometimes when I shutdown, it says closing one app and shutting down: nvcontainerwindowsclass000056C4" or 0000396C and another one I forgot. Im not sure why. Another thing, I also have this issue where if I full scan using Kaspersky, it is unable to scan...
  9. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device: I was using a realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller without any issues.One day when I came to use it for connecting to my wifi.It appeared irresponsive and when i checked it in the device manager, it showed me the error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for...
  10. windows is still setting up the class configuration of this device.

windows is still setting up the class configuration of this device.: Both my network cards ( wired and wireless) and my Bluetooth adapter shows the same error. How it happened:- i installed vm-ware and wanted to bridge the vm i created to my LAN adapter...but it threw an error saying that "there are no unbridged network adapters" this was...