Windows 10: Windows is showing multiple icons for things like downloads, documents and pictures, how do...

Discus and support Windows is showing multiple icons for things like downloads, documents and pictures, how do... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wzfq9qhxnc561.png?width=128&format=png&auto=webp&s=d5a17af78a2c12deb3fe2bada5bc5d8f7e8ae889 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FarJuice, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Windows is showing multiple icons for things like downloads, documents and pictures, how do...

/u/FarJuice, Dec 15, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. SP1969 Win User
    Deleting multiple documents

That is simply more steps. What I want is for it to automatically select the next document in the list... so all I have to do is keep hitting delete. I know how to highlight sections or multiple documents... But I shouldn't have to select multiple at
    a time. As it is now, I have to physically select the next document in the list then hit delete.

For example, in Outlook, I can run down my list of emails for the day and just hit delete. Fast and simple.

I was once able to do that in Explorer.

SP1969, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Windows is showing multiple icons for things like downloads, documents and pictures, how do...

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows is showing multiple icons for things like downloads, documents and pictures, how do...

1. Windows is showing multiple icons for things like downloads, documents and pictures, how do... - Similar Threads - showing multiple icons

2. PICTURES, DOCUMENTS, AND DOWNLOADS in THIS PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PICTURES, DOCUMENTS, AND DOWNLOADS in THIS PC in Windows 10: Dear Community,Within the Pictures, Documents, and Downloads folders in This PC, I have hundreds-if not thousands-of all types of images, documents on all subject matters, and various downloaded programs of programs, apps, other documents and pictures, etc. For example in the...
  3. PICTURES, DOCUMENTS, AND DOWNLOADS in THIS PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PICTURES, DOCUMENTS, AND DOWNLOADS in THIS PC in Windows 10: Dear Community,Within the Pictures, Documents, and Downloads folders in This PC, I have hundreds-if not thousands-of all types of images, documents on all subject matters, and various downloaded programs of programs, apps, other documents and pictures, etc. For example in the...
  4. PICTURES, DOCUMENTS, AND DOWNLOADS in THIS PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I restore system folders like: "downloads", "movies", "documents", and such.

How do I restore system folders like: "downloads", "movies", "documents", and such.: So, i relocated said folders to second partition, however, later I realized that my system partition needs some more space. Because of that, I shrunk the second partition and created a third one to replace it. I backup-ed the files on the second one to the third one which...
  6. Windows 10 - how to detect multiple pictures/articles on multiple directories [Like......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - how to detect multiple pictures/articles on multiple directories [Like......: Hello - I have several DVDs, CDs and Disk on Keys having lots of pictures + family clips - I tend to move / copy them to various directories on my Strong Desktop PC - Question: is there a way for any application to detect multiple pictures? How can the pictures be...
  7. Multiple My Document and My Pictures files

Multiple My Document and My Pictures files: It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files were created. They are not always mirrors of each other. Sometimes there are My Docs folders w/files within the My Docs master...
  8. My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon. windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Picture files do not show the picture on the icon. windows 10: what do I have to do to get my pictures subfolders to show picture, not icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-picture-files-do-not-show-the-picture-on-the/19de43a7-9684-4a90-b205-0aa23e17f7d9
  9. Multiple Documents, Pictures and Desktop Folder

Multiple Documents, Pictures and Desktop Folder: I'm using Win10. In My Documents I've found I have 2 of each of Pictures, Documents and Desktop folders. Although one of the Desktop folders is empty the other Documents and Pictures folders each have items in them. I think that they are local storage and OneDrive storage...
  10. How to make pictures show as picgures, not ICONS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make pictures show as picgures, not ICONS: My pictures no longer show as pictures, just icons. Not sure how to get it back to showing pictures without having to open one at a time. Help please...