Windows 10: Windows is slowing my laptop to a sloth

Discus and support Windows is slowing my laptop to a sloth in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am on my last nerve with Windows 10 I only use my laptop solely for a video game and photo editing. I never, and I repeat never go to a website or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zyrios, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Zyrios Win User

Windows is slowing my laptop to a sloth

I am on my last nerve with Windows 10

I only use my laptop solely for a video game and photo editing. I never, and I repeat never go to a website or use the internet in any other form. I am sick and tired of turning off, disabling, or suspending windows apps only to have them reappear after an hour or so. I disable services, get in my game and about an hour in, I cannot play anymore and I find all the services I disabled right back on and running.

Windows update is my most hated feature. I will update it when I want to; why is windows 10 sultan of this? Same goes with Windows Defender. It runs taking 45% of memory and 32% disk...why? Cortana, same thing, why is this running? I've done everything in the registry, startup, services, etc. and still effing runs taking 12% disk and 28% memory. I don't use or want that feature.

Task scheduler. I delete tasks associated with the services I disable and voila, even after hibernating (YES HIBERNATING) the tasks reappear and everything I had disabled is right back on.

I don't give a S about these features. I so miss Win NT lol, yes, NT. Even as a hardcore administrator, windows has virtually full reign and I will never purchase another computer with Windows...nope. But you can certainly change my mind please

:)

Zyrios, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Nov 19, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Windows is slowing my laptop to a sloth

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows is slowing my laptop to a sloth

1. Windows is slowing my laptop to a sloth - Similar Threads - slowing laptop sloth

2. my laptop is too slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is too slow: kmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-too-slow/574d1131-30ea-490b-8fbc-2c1001ffb30a
  3. Window 11 is Slow in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 is Slow in my laptop: Hi,My laptop is very slow with Window 11, and I don't know why.This is characteristics of my laptop:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz Installed RAM: 4.00 GB Graphic Card: GeForce 820MIsn't my laptop features appropriate for Win 11 or what?Regrads,...
  4. Window 11 is Slow in my laptop

Window 11 is Slow in my laptop: Hi,My laptop is very slow with Window 11, and I don't know why.This is characteristics of my laptop:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz Installed RAM: 4.00 GB Graphic Card: GeForce 820MIsn't my laptop features appropriate for Win 11 or what?Regrads,...
  5. my laptop is working slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is working slow: hi . My laptop is currently updates to windows 11 . I bought this laptop this year brand new . so its not been a long time using it . The system and all the apps are working so slow . first the storage was almost full so i cleaned it . now almost all the apps either take so...
  6. My laptop is slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is slow.: Hi, Since a few day my Laptop is running very slow. I tried clearing unwanted data, but it didn't work. I ran a scan to check for viruses. But it also shows no reason to why my laptop is slow.In my task manager there are a lot of tasks running. I don't know what to kill...
  7. My laptop is slow.

My laptop is slow.: Hi, Since a few day my Laptop is running very slow. I tried clearing unwanted data, but it didn't work. I ran a scan to check for viruses. But it also shows no reason to why my laptop is slow.In my task manager there are a lot of tasks running. I don't know what to kill...
  8. My laptop is slowing down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is slowing down: My Laptop is slowing down after some time of usage. It usually slows down after I close the lid and open it back. My CPU is Ryzen 7 3700x and RAM is 16 gb so I don't think there's any problem with the specs. The laptop is brand new. When my laptop slows down it acts like when...
  9. my laptop is very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop is very slow: mera laptop abhi new h sirf 10days huaa h kharide hn aur ye pura hang ho raha h aur chromr bhi kaam nhi kr raha h plzz help kijiea https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-very-slow/cc40b722-f5a8-4794-b5cf-e7a8286d44da
  10. my laptop very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop very slow: hello I am nihar from Qatar I have the request properly I am using Lenovo laptop windows 10 intel corei5 but this laptop I never using more software but it while very slow I don't know what is wrong so please give me the assistant for repair thank you my Hotmail address...