Windows 10: "Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After...

Discus and support "Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After performing a network reset in settings, I went back into device manager to check if anything was resolved, but my TP-Link Archer T4E "TP-Link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeaganBowser, Dec 13, 2020.

1. "Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After...

After performing a network reset in settings, I went back into device manager to check if anything was resolved, but my TP-Link Archer T4E "TP-Link Wireless PCI Express Adapter" and my integrated ethernet on my motherboard "Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller" drivers were not working. Windows claims it's still trying to set up class configurations with a code of 56. Before this issue, I was attempting to fix ethernet on my device, as wireless was the only working network component. I uninstalled the drivers in device manager, rebooted, reinstalled the drivers, rebooted again, and the devices were not working.

I've tried ipconfig /flushdns,

reinstalling the drivers several times,

performing network reset in settings several times,

and also used a windows to go drive to verify the drivers were the issue I connected to my network wirelessly and through ethernet on the WTG drive.

I have not had any connectivity at all so far, here's my specs just in case:
    ASRock B450m-HDV R4.0 with an integrated ethernet controller
    TP-Link AC1200 Archer T4E PCI Card

Ryzen 5 2600

16 GB DDR4-3200

EVGA GTX 1650 Super

Windows 10 OS Build 19041.685 on a 240GB SATA SSD

:)

KeaganBowser, Dec 13, 2020

2. Ethernet driver thrwing an error "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)"

Hi,

I had to reinstall the RealTek Ethernet driver on my Windows 10 [1803] 64 Bit V5.3 2019 machine

The device manager shows the status as "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)"

I do not have any VPN connection

I disabled Anit virus and tried installing the driver and still got the same error

Any suggestion to resolve the issue

Thanks

Mahesh Subrmaniam, Dec 13, 2020
  3. MJadhav Win User
    Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

Hi,

My windows 10 system was working fine, but after windows update, TAP-Windows Provider V9 network not able to reinstall.

TAP network Adapter failed to configure with message "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)"

Same network adapter was working fine on the same system. Also verified same adapter on another windows system also works fine without any issue.

This issue started after windows update. Before update same TAP adapter install-uninstall was working on the same system without any issue.

Also do not wanted to reset network or revert windows update as per solution provided in another forum topics due to other applications working fine on the system.

Thanks and Regards,

Manish

MJadhav, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

"Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After...

What does Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56) mean?

Hi,

Conflicts with a third-party VPN software is one of the possible reasons why you are having a "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (Code 56)" on each of the network adapter in the Device Manager. May we know if you have a third-party
    VPN software installed? If yes, kindly try to uninstall the software, and restart the computer, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

"Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After...

1. "Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After... - Similar Threads - still setting class

2. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56: Whenever I try to connect to the Internet on my PC via USB tethering on my phone, it doesn't do anything and when I check device manager to check what's wrong, the driver for my phone says that Windows is setting its class configuration of the device. the same error as...
  3. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56: Whenever I try to connect to the Internet on my PC via USB tethering on my phone, it doesn't do anything and when I check device manager to check what's wrong, the driver for my phone says that Windows is setting its class configuration of the device. the same error as...
  4. "Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After...: After performing a network reset in settings, I went back into device manager to check if anything was resolved, but my TP-Link Archer T4E "TP-Link Wireless PCI Express Adapter" and my integrated ethernet on my motherboard "Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller" drivers were not...
  5. "Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device Code: 56" After...: After performing a network reset in settings, I went back into device manager to check if anything was resolved, but my TP-Link Archer T4E "TP-Link Wireless PCI Express Adapter" and my integrated ethernet on my motherboard "Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller" drivers were not...
  6. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. code 56 after driver...

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. code 56 after driver...: Yesterday I was turning my laptop off and got the driver power state BSOD. My PC turned back on and I just turned it off again not think much about it and went to sleep. Today morning i turned my PC on and noticed my internet isnt working. The troubleshot tool told me its...
  7. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56: Hi, My windows 10 system was working fine, but after windows update, TAP-Windows Provider V9 network not able to reinstall. TAP network Adapter failed to configure with message "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56" Same network...
  8. “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code 56)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code 56): Hello people, so I upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home and now my internet adapters no longer work I’ve looked everywhere,watched every video,tried everything and nothing’s worked I can no longer connect to Internet via Ethernet or wireless connection and need...
  9. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code-56)

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code-56): I was using a D-LINK dwa-131 nano n usb wifi adapter for the last 6 months. Yesterday i tried to update the driver for the adapter. I downloaded the drivers from http://us.dlink.com/products/connect/wireless-n-nano-usb-adapter/ After the successful installation, the...
  10. Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device, Code 56

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device, Code 56: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If the internet is not working on your PC and you see an error message called Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (Code 56), you need to check out these solutions. This problem happens with [...] This post Windows is still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is still setting up the class configuration 56

2. tp link ac1200 windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device