Windows 10: Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login

Discus and support Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Sometimes when you turn on your computer, you get your Windows 11/10 login screen, but then it gets frozen, maybe reboots on its own, or it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 7, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login

Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login Windows-Is-Stuck-At-The-Lock-Screen-Or-Welcome-Screen.jpg
    Sometimes when you turn on your computer, you get your Windows 11/10 login screen, but then it gets frozen, maybe reboots on its own, or it stops and does not respond to your command. You may get the login screen, but nothing happens after entering the password. Another situation is where you can log in […]

This article Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 7, 2021

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Sep 7, 2021
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Nickynoo Win User

Login Screen

I have a problem with my login screen - well actually it is with the screen that comes before the login screen.
    It seems to be stuck on the colour that is chosen for pesonalisation/colour/pick a colour. Although my lock screen is set on windows spotlight (it is my understanding that the screen loaded before the login screen and the lock screen picture share the same image - this was true a few builds ago but now the screen in question just seems to stay the solid colour. I have also notice that if i go to personalization/lock screen that the apps that I can choose to show detailed status and the other plus signs - the drop down lists are all blank, some with red X s on them.

Nickynoo, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login - Similar Threads - stuck Lock Screen

2. Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen.: I am unable to access the lock screen. Whenever I press any key, the screen moving up animation appears, but the screen goes back to the welcome image, and lock screen is not displayed. There is no way I can sign in to my PC. I have tried startup repair using a bootable USB...
  3. Stuck at Welcome Screen W/ No Login Prompt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at Welcome Screen W/ No Login Prompt: Operating System==================Windows 10, I don’t think I did the most recent May 2021 update though.==================Ryzen 7 3700x CPUDescription of problem==================When I turn on my computer, I see the motherboard loading screen but the welcome screen appears...
  4. Stuck on welcome screen after password login or stuck on please wait before password login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on welcome screen after password login or stuck on please wait before password login: Just started happening after I restarted. No clue of what to do, tried scannow nothing tried deleting a ubisoft launcher. Nothing. submitted by /u/mixedmediums [link] [comments]...
  5. Black screen even before the "welcome" login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen even before the "welcome" login: I get a black screen before I even enter the login part black with no mouse 5 minutes ago, the only thing I did was to add a second microsoft account to the PC, I went into the "your info" I think I removed the 'sign in" option, because I don't care about this I went to the...
  6. Help! Stuck on welcome screen before pin entry!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Stuck on welcome screen before pin entry!: Hey everyone! I recently installed a few Windows 10 updates and afterwards restarted my laptop. Once it booted up I got to the welcome screen where you can click or hit any key to proceed to your pin or password to log into your computer. My problem is that when I click or...
  7. Stuck before login screen

Stuck before login screen: Hello- I have a Lenovo thinkpad A485 laptop. Yesterday it froze and wouldn't respond to ctrl-alt-dlt so I hard restarted it with the power button. When it turned back on, it went through the Lenovo screen like normal, but instead of loading the login screen, it loads a blank...
  8. Lock/Login/Welcome Screen

Lock/Login/Welcome Screen: Hello, i would like to ask if there is a way to like start my windows 10 pc to select an account before automatically starting to one that has no password? Because, on our pc, we have two accounts/users, One is my personal and more organized user/account that "has a...
  9. Pc stuck before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc stuck before login screen: I have used this pc for more then 2 years and i updated my pc to win 10 almost a year ago. So today i started my pc and it got stuck before the login screen i have to press a button to get to the login screen but it just got stuck my mouse and keyboard are working because it...
  10. Windows 10 stuck at the login/welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck at the login/welcome screen: Hello, So yesterday I was reading some article from the NY Times (my navigator is Chrome), when out of the blue I get the spinning cursor. After 10 minutes, it wouldn't go away. So I decided to force shutdown my PC. I start it up again, and to my surprise, I can't get...