Windows 10: Windows is stuck on widescreen?

Discus and support Windows is stuck on widescreen? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello- I have any so many issues with my driver I don't really know what to do, first off. After playing a game that typically forced my computer to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DakotaF141hg, Aug 14, 2022.

  1. Windows is stuck on widescreen?


    Hello- I have any so many issues with my driver I don't really know what to do, first off. After playing a game that typically forced my computer to go into widescreen, now upon exiting the game my computer has stayed in widescreen. I don't think it is the driver, but I have no idea what is going on. In safe mode, I don't have this issue. When I open another game that requires full screen like Skyrim, the sides are not blocked off. Can someone please tell me how to bring this back to normal?

    :)
     
    DakotaF141hg, Aug 14, 2022
    #1

  2. Widescreen monitor

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

    As per the issue description your monitor is not being recognized as widescreen. The issue could be due to screen resolution or device drivers.

    So, try to change the screen resolution first and see if it helps you to fi x the issue.

    To change your screen resolution


    • Open Screen Resolution by right clicking the Start button
      Windows is stuck on widescreen? [​IMG]
      , clicking
      Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking
      Adjust screen resolution.

    • Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click
      Apply.

    • Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.

    Windows is stuck on widescreen? [​IMG]

    If issue persists try to install all of Windows updates device drivers. For updating drivers you may refer to the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

    Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.



    Regards,
     
    Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 14, 2022
    #2
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

    could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx
     
    exodusprime1337, Aug 14, 2022
    #3
  4. numberr2 Win User

    Windows is stuck on widescreen?

    Widescreen monitor

    Just upgraded to Windows 10 and it won't recognize my monitor as widescreen - Acer v246hql
     
    numberr2, Aug 14, 2022
    #4
Thema:

Windows is stuck on widescreen?

Loading...
  1. Windows is stuck on widescreen? - Similar Threads - stuck widescreen

  2. BitLocker stuck on Decrypting or Encrypting in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    BitLocker stuck on Decrypting or Encrypting in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to fix a BitLocker drive that is stuck decrypting or encrypting on a Windows 11/10 PC. BitLocker encryption or decryption can take a few minutes to several hours, depending on the type and speed of the drive, the amount of data being...
  3. Setting up live captions stuck in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Setting up live captions stuck in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Live Captions is a useful Windows 11 feature that displays spoken audio as on-screen text. However, the setup process can sometimes get stuck while downloading the required speech files, preventing the feature from turning on. In this post, we will see what you can do...
  4. Windows Audio Service stuck on Stopping

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows Audio Service stuck on Stopping: [ATTACH]If the Windows Audio service is stuck on Stopping in the Services Manager, here is what you can do to troubleshoot it. Whether you use an external sound system or the built-in speakers/microphone of your computer, you may face this problem on Windows 11. Why is the...
  5. UEFI2023Status stuck at In Progress or Not Started

    in Windows 10 News
    UEFI2023Status stuck at In Progress or Not Started: [ATTACH]The old Secure Boot Certificates expired in June 2026. Microsoft is installing the new certificates through Windows Updates. Regular users just have to keep installing timely Windows Updates released by Microsoft to get the new certificates. There are multiple ways to...
  6. BIOS update stuck at 0 or 100 on Windows computer [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    BIOS update stuck at 0 or 100 on Windows computer [Fix]: [ATTACH]The BIOS update must be installed, as it improves system stability and hardware compatibility. Sometimes the BIOS update gets stuck at a specific percentage. This article discusses this issue where the BIOS update gets stuck at 0 or 100%. If you encounter this issue,...
  7. System File Checker stuck or stopped in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    System File Checker stuck or stopped in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If the System File Checker (SFC) scan is stuck or stops at a specific point in Windows 11, here is what you can do to fix the issue. Here, we have discussed some of the most common reasons and solutions so you can get rid of this problem in moments. Why is System File...
  8. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Repair stuck

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Repair stuck: [ATTACH]You open Control Panel to repair a corrupted Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, click on Change, select Repair, and then nothing happens, the progress bar barely moves, or the window just sits there frozen. In this post, we will see what you can do if the Microsoft...
  9. Windows is stuck on widescreen?

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is stuck on widescreen?: Hello- I have any so many issues with my driver I don't really know what to do, first off. After playing a game that typically forced my computer to go into widescreen, now upon exiting the game my computer has stayed in widescreen. I don't think it is the driver, but I have...
  10. Windows is stuck on widescreen?

    in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows is stuck on widescreen?: Hello- I have any so many issues with my driver I don't really know what to do, first off. After playing a game that typically forced my computer to go into widescreen, now upon exiting the game my computer has stayed in widescreen. I don't think it is the driver, but I have...