Windows 10: Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator

Discus and support Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I already checked to see if the box "run this program as administrator" is unchecked, and it is. Does anyone know any way to solve this issue? Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chocolakawaii, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator

I already checked to see if the box "run this program as administrator" is unchecked, and it is. Does anyone know any way to solve this issue?

Windows 10 version: 1909 Build:18363.959

submitted by /u/Chocolakawaii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chocolakawaii, Jul 30, 2020
  2. ddelo Win User

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Jul 30, 2020
  3. suupre Win User
    can't open .exe files windows 10

I can't open it. We are on a domain ad i'm not the administrator.

suupre, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator

Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator

1. Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator - Similar Threads - suddenly asking exe

2. Exe error on all file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exe error on all file: [ATTACH] Evrytime i try to make a bootable usb or even app are show me this type of exe thing i didnt find any solution can some one help asap plz submitted by /u/Big_Significance_547 [link] [comments]...
  3. All the EXE files are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the EXE files are not working: Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option as an alternative to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain file, I forgot to untoggle/untick the "Always use this program to open this type of files or whatever it said" box. Now all the...
  4. All the EXE files are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the EXE files are not working: Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option as an alternative to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain file, I forgot to untoggle/untick the "Always use this program to open this type of files or whatever it said" box. Now all the...
  5. All the EXE files are not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All the EXE files are not working: Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain file, I forgot to untoggle/untick the "Always use this program to open this type of files or whatever it said" box. Now all the EXE files have...
  6. A .EXE file missing suddenly

A .EXE file missing suddenly: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 home single language since 2018.I update my Windows to 1909 version. I recently start to play a game and my game's .exe file suddenly erased or deleted from the game main directory. I have to reinstall the game for now several times for a week. Is it...
  7. Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator

Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator: I already checked to see if the box "run this program as administrator" is unchecked, and it is. Does anyone know any way to solve this issue? submitted by /u/nerlxh [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't open any .exe all of a sudden

I can't open any .exe all of a sudden: When I attempt to open executable files they won't open and I get this error: C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned[app name].Ink Application not found, or I get: "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" I tried editing the...
  9. All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup: I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter password and also on netplwiz. However it still asks for it. I've restarted the pc 3 times and it's asked every time....
  10. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...