Windows 10: Windows is taking up 318.5GB of space and it seems like its way too much

Discus and support Windows is taking up 318.5GB of space and it seems like its way too much in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello and thankyou, anyone, for reading this and attempting to help me. Recently Ive been noticing that I've been running out of disk space a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CustomerOne, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Windows is taking up 318.5GB of space and it seems like its way too much

Hello and thankyou, anyone, for reading this and attempting to help me. Recently Ive been noticing that I've been running out of disk space a lot forcing me to delete my other files just to free up enough space for new ones. I looked into TreeSize and it's telling me 318.5GBOn space sniffer it tells me 404.9. I was wondering if this was correct and if not what I can do to fix it. Windows is taking up 318.5GB of space and it seems like its way too much a3f001e2-a5d5-4769-8b1d-81f3a2c12778?upload=true.png

:)

CustomerOne, Mar 22, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Mar 22, 2020
  3. System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are running low of disk space is because your
    old files from your previous operating system is still saved on your hard drive. To better assist you, we need the answers to the follow questions:

• Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Have you tried uninstalling apps to see if you can free up some disk space?

In the meantime, we suggest checking the methods in this
    article
    which can help you free up drive space in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Windows is taking up 318.5GB of space and it seems like its way too much

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CWindows is taking up 318.5GB of space and it seems like its way too much :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows is taking up 318.5GB of space and it seems like its way too much

1. Windows is taking up 318.5GB of space and it seems like its way too much - Similar Threads - taking 318 5GB

2. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  3. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

"System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  6. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  7. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 takes up too much space

Windows 10 takes up too much space: Hi guys,I have a Windows 10 home single language OS running in laptop. I haev allocated around 220 GB for C drive among which around 200 gb has been occupied by Windows 10 OS itself now my system is slow and hangs a lot. How do I free it, I tried drive clean and everything....
  9. My Windows folder take up way too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows folder take up way too much space: My Windows folder takes up 21.9GB space. I really don't know HOW it can take up that much space. I mean, what even is in there that takes all that space. Would be really nice if someone could help me. Also, while I'm already here I have one more thing to ask. My desktop...
  10. Windows folder taking up way to much space.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows folder taking up way to much space.: Is there anyway I can decrease the space if the windows folder. My laptop is only 30 gigs and the windows folder us taking up 21 gigs, any fix for this? 35458