Windows 10: Windows is too slow for me to do anything

Discus and support Windows is too slow for me to do anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a new laptop. It's 8GB RAM, 1TB HardDrive, AMD Processor. However, the laptop is very slow. Even when I open MS Word, it takes about 5-8 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tommy Hu, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Tommy Hu Win User

Windows is too slow for me to do anything

I had a new laptop. It's 8GB RAM, 1TB HardDrive, AMD Processor. However, the laptop is very slow. Even when I open MS Word, it takes about 5-8 minutes.

This is my laptop info:

Windows is too slow for me to do anything aebce601-a3fb-4f83-9a12-5ec6e56bd560?upload=true.png

I already changed my settings to best performance in both battery settings and appearance settings. Are there any other ways that can make it faster?

:)

Tommy Hu, Jan 14, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows is too slow for me to do anything - Similar Threads - too slow anything

2. Windows 11 too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 too slow: I have a Dell G7, and it worked just fine with windows 10, I upgraded to windows 11 and it worked for a couple of weeks, but now it takes 15 minutes to initialize, but some times it gives me an error saying that explorer has crashed or someting like that, than the screen...
  3. Windows Doesn't Let Me Do Anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Doesn't Let Me Do Anything: Hello folks. I was hoping someone can tell me what to do. I have this huge problem where my windows doesn't let me open the start menu, doesn't let me run any programs, apps. I can't even use my wifi extender because it says it doesn't work with the drive. I can't even open...
  4. Windows won’t let me do anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t let me do anything: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Big_Mood_4058 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkpy47/windows_wont_let_me_do_anything/
  5. too slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    too slow: i dont understand my laptop is very slow I refreshed it several times nothing changed it is tooo slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/too-slow/99351137-db9b-497b-9930-f5cd3eaa2382
  6. windows ten is too slow

windows ten is too slow: My computer been so slow of late after the new update I deleted files but cannot delete a ton thanks to the stupid trusted installer which to me is a dumb programing idea any way still been really slow I use my windows seven computer it is a old note book got several years...
  7. Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it.

Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it.: So had Windows 10 on my HP Envy for a good couple years now. It's up to date, 1TB hard drive, 12gb ram, working fine. Switched it on yesterday and took 3 hours to start. Over an hour to get to log on screen.. Almost same amount to get to enter password screen. Further...
  8. Windows is too slow

Windows is too slow: Windows has been too slow after the update, update all the drivers and check the entire Windows Defender computer, any ideas that may be happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-too-slow/55dd2c39-e3e9-4a02-8f37-5c0435498174
  9. Windows 10 after October Update too slow to do anything - help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 after October Update too slow to do anything - help!: Hello, Since Sunday, my PC has been unusably slow. After about 5 minutes where I can still click on stuff and it reacts just very slow, the system comes to a complete halt. I can still move the mouse, but whenever I mouse-over anything, everything freezes for 2 minutes....
  10. Windows Boot too slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Boot too slow: Whenever I switch on my Laptop , It takes about 2min to load . It is very frustrating . The thing is that it shows multiple messages such as "Waiting for Local Session manager" , "Starting Services" , "Preparing Windows" at every startup and "Stopping services" , "Stopping...