Windows 10: Windows is turning off mid Win10 update

Discus and support Windows is turning off mid Win10 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have been trying to update my laptop to try and get some better functionality. I did a bunch of updates and restarts and they all worked fine. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fweb34, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/fweb34 Win User

Windows is turning off mid Win10 update

So I have been trying to update my laptop to try and get some better functionality. I did a bunch of updates and restarts and they all worked fine. Now I am trying to upgrade to windows 1909. I click the button, it downloads and does all the stuff until its awaiting restart. I restart it, it gets up to maybe 30 percent, and then it just turns off. So i come over and turn it back on and then it does a whole "undoing changes madd to your computer" sequence, and then poof im back in and its still not updated. This has happened twice now. Anyone have an idea?

In the update log there is what i think is a related error code, 0xc1900101

submitted by /u/fweb34
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fweb34, Dec 2, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Windows is turning off mid Win10 update

Win10 updates

The initial one was KB3035583 to get the Get Windows 10 app (GWX). Though that particular update is probably pages upon dozens of pages down the list by now.

tabascosauz, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows is turning off mid Win10 update

1. Windows is turning off mid Win10 update - Similar Threads - turning off mid

2. Turn Off Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Off Windows 10 Update?: Had to uninstall latest Win 10 update on a more current computer. Battery being replaced on this computer. How Do I stop / turn off next Win 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-10-update/d6eea9bf-7493-4e7b-8dbe-b558d065061e
  3. How to turn off Windows update

How to turn off Windows update: How do I turn off my window 10 windows update it causing me to loose a lot of data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-windows-update/d32c6216-8b42-41ab-9624-70e84f64a99f
  4. Win10 night light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 night light wont turn off: My night light wont turn off, i have signed out then its off but as soon as I log back in it turns on and won't turn off again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-night-light-wont-turn-off/d8f324f5-e66d-4d60-ab4e-0b51ef641d7d
  5. How to turn off Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to turn off Windows Update: I have a laptop running Windows 10. I wish to turn off, completely, Windows Update, partly (but not solely) because its' internet connection is metered and frequently near its' limit. I cannot find how it's done, I thought I had done it but today found it downloading yet...
  6. How-to Turn Off Windows Update ?

How-to Turn Off Windows Update ?: I Try to Stopped Windows Update Services But Why Windows Still Automatically Updates ? What Should i Do ? [img] [img] I Don't Want Any Updates 56395
  7. Turn off windows updates?

Turn off windows updates?: How can I turn off windows updates? The new windows update settings page is extremely basic and appears to lack many options from windows 7. I am concerned about updates downloading and update checks being performed whilst gaming. I would not be happy with bandwidth or...
  8. Windows Update- Wireless Turned Off?

Windows Update- Wireless Turned Off?: Just upgraded old machine to Win 10. Always keep wireless turned OFF when computer is not in use. A few minutes ago, my hard drive started spinning. I looked over and saw "Configuring update for Windows 10" ... 0% complete" ... "Do not turn off your computer." 0%...
  9. chkdsk report cut off mid-way?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk report cut off mid-way?: I'm having disc problems and I ran a chhdsk report. The report listed up to "Record 68 of 238: Corrupt File" and then the report cut off half-way through. So I can't see the rest of the 238 files that were affected. It says it repaired the files but in my experience the files...
  10. Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]

Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]: I hope somebody can either explain to me what I'm missing or point me to an explanation. I have two 256 Gig SSDs on which I'd loaded different operating systems but virtually identical applications. One was Windows 8.1 and one was Windows 7. They were interchangeable --...