Windows 10: Windows is turning off mid Win10 update

Discus and support Windows is turning off mid Win10 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have been trying to update my laptop to try and get some better functionality. I did a bunch of updates and restarts and they all worked fine. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fweb34, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/fweb34 Win User

Windows is turning off mid Win10 update

So I have been trying to update my laptop to try and get some better functionality. I did a bunch of updates and restarts and they all worked fine. Now I am trying to upgrade to windows 1909. I click the button, it downloads and does all the stuff until its awaiting restart. I restart it, it gets up to maybe 30 percent, and then it just turns off. So i come over and turn it back on and then it does a whole "undoing changes madd to your computer" sequence, and then poof im back in and its still not updated. This has happened twice now. Anyone have an idea?

In the update log there is what i think is a related error code, 0xc1900101

submitted by /u/fweb34
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fweb34, Dec 2, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Windows is turning off mid Win10 update

Win10 updates

The initial one was KB3035583 to get the Get Windows 10 app (GWX). Though that particular update is probably pages upon dozens of pages down the list by now.

tabascosauz, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows is turning off mid Win10 update

1. Windows is turning off mid Win10 update - Similar Threads - turning off mid

2. Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.: I have a shop computer with Windows 10. It runs a CNC machine. I have disabled auto updates. The computer is connected to WiFi to facilitate moving files created in the office. Half way through a 10 hour job, I noticed at the CNC machine had stopped. The monitor on the...
  3. Accidentally shut off laptop mid update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally shut off laptop mid update: Hi, I was updating my Lenovo laptop and shut it off mid way updating accidentally. It was stuck on a boot loop so watched a YouTube video that asked my to change it from UEFI to legacy boot. I did that and now my laptop is stuck on a loop asking for my recovery key and then...
  4. Accidentally shut off laptop mid update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally shut off laptop mid update: Hi, I was updating my Lenovo laptop and shut it off mid way updating accidentally. It was stuck on a boot loop so watched a YouTube video that asked my to change it from UEFI to legacy boot. I did that and now my laptop is stuck on a loop asking for my recovery key and then...
  5. Accidentally shut off laptop mid update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. File and printersharing turns itself off after updating WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File and printersharing turns itself off after updating WIN10: Hi all,I am having an issue whereby I cannot reach any shared network devices on my homegroup/network. My Dell WIN10 laptop which is a shared/mapped network drive, has a big red X over it, as well as all my server locations. My server locations are reachable from my laptop,...
  7. File and printersharing turns itself off after updating WIN10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File and printersharing turns itself off after updating WIN10: Hi all,I am having an issue whereby I cannot reach any shared network devices on my homegroup/network. My Dell WIN10 laptop which is a shared/mapped network drive, has a big red X over it, as well as all my server locations. My server locations are reachable from my laptop,...
  8. Latest Win10 updates turned on MouseKey and I can't turn it off

Latest Win10 updates turned on MouseKey and I can't turn it off: So latest updates (3-4 updates for 1909) which I just applied turned on this MouseKey feature, where the cursor keys also always move the mouse cursor. Trying to turn it off, either from the hotkey or from the control panel has no effect. This affects all use of the cursor...
  9. Win10 resets when it turns off

Win10 resets when it turns off: My grandmothers HP computer HDD got jacked up when her power went out one night a few weeks ago. She took it to a shop because it wouldn’t turn on. Guy said the Harddrive was messed up and he put a new one in and installed Windows. I went to her house and downloaded all her...
  10. Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off Fast Startup [Was: Win10 clean - Win10 update Mismatch]: I hope somebody can either explain to me what I'm missing or point me to an explanation. I have two 256 Gig SSDs on which I'd loaded different operating systems but virtually identical applications. One was Windows 8.1 and one was Windows 7. They were interchangeable --...