Windows 10: Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘

Discus and support Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘ in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't start Maintenance in Windows 10 Home it shows last ran 10/26/19 any time I try to run I get a popup "Windows is unable to run automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tdraym, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Tdraym Win User

Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘

I can't start Maintenance in Windows 10 Home it shows last ran 10/26/19 any time I try to run I get a popup "Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘" I have tried to run SFC/ scannow no problems found, I have run DISM Tool, all 3 commands, no problems found, tried as new sign in account , still same popup, tried to reschedule still not working, tried to find in task manager and enable shows enabled, searched internet for answer can't find answer, So how do we reinstall Automatic Maintenance without doing a system restore and losing any of the program s on the pc ,Have even tried a clean boot in safe mode, So I see a couple of Windows repair programs on the web, but which one will be able to fix this problem if Microsoft doesn't offer a solution. I'm looking for a repair/ fix it program I can count on. The PC is Dell desktop running Windows 10 home vers. 1903, Please help Thanks ,Tdraym

:)

Tdraym, Nov 9, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows Maintenance never stops

I have "Idle Maintenance" and "Regular Maintenance" disabled in the Task Scheduler.
    Now it does not run anymore when idle.

I will defrag my hdd and optimize my ssd manually.
    I have scheduled windows defender anti virus scanning automatically once a week.
    I do windows updates manually.

I don't think that windows automatic maintenance when idle important is, or is it?

P4-630, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Questions about Automatic Maintenance

Hi,

Kindly reply us with the below information.

• When you say "Automatic Maintenance" are you referring to System maintenance?

If you are referring to System maintenance, you can do on a regular basis,
    System maintenance is an ongoing activity, which covers a wide variety of activities, including removing program ,required to keep a computer system running properly.

Defragmentation you can run once a week on each drive. Schedule it to run at a time when the computer is likely to be on.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 9, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘

Can I have a tray icon for automatic maintenance windows 10

On windows 8.1 it did always a windows defender scan with automatic maintenance, since I'm using defender on this 10 laptop, I think it will scan on this laptop as well when it does maintenance.

P4-630, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘ - Similar Threads - unable run automatic

2. Scheduled Maintenance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Maintenance: Do I have to start and enable scheduled maintenance to let old files in winsxs folder removed after 30 days automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-maintenance/48929010-137f-4213-83a8-8db3afa18d6c
  3. Scheduled Maintenance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Maintenance: Do I have to start and enable scheduled maintenance to let old files in winsxs folder removed after 30 days automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-maintenance/48929010-137f-4213-83a8-8db3afa18d6c
  4. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic maintenance behavior: I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2 on an HP Laptop. I only use the laptop briefly every day and then shut it down. Since I shut down after use, I do not have automatic maintenance turned on as a task, rather I run it myself every day before shutting down. I've noticed when I...
  5. Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Maintenance: This feature was accessed about 45 minutes ago and is still running. How do I get it to complete the maintenance, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-maintenance/40119d17-0c2e-41b4-9982-19d4ec0cfe38
  6. Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance: [ATTACH] Windows comes with an inbuilt Automatic Maintenance feature which takes care of important tasks like security updating and scanning, Windows software updates, Disk Defragmentation, Disk Volume Errors, System Diagnostics, etc. If you receive an error which says...
  7. Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs: Just wondering if anyone has a Win10 desktop that actually wakes up overnight, does automatic maintenance and then goes back to sleep. My PC has never done it. Auto maintenance does run if I stop using my computer and let it idle. According to Microsoft, if one uses the...
  8. Automatic Maintenance Bug?

Automatic Maintenance Bug?: I did am no Malware. Also it has not done it again since the reboot.
  9. Am unable to stop automatic maintenence

Am unable to stop automatic maintenence: I can click the button, but nothing is happening. When I restart my computer, it's still running. https://i.imgur.com/2F4Dm4f.png I have tried going into task scheduler but the folder the tasks are supposed to be in, is empty. https://i.imgur.com/AxEWB46.png Is...
  10. Automatic maintenance and windows.old

Automatic maintenance and windows.old: I know windows.old can be purged by the user but I am curious about how often disk clean up runs as part of automatic maintenance. After the upgrade to fall creators both our machines were left with sizeable 20 odd gigs of windows.old i left it about ten days and then gave...