Windows 10: Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance

Discus and support Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows comes with an inbuilt Automatic Maintenance feature which takes care of important tasks like security updating and scanning, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 18, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance

Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance Windows-is-unable-to-run-automatic-maintenance-100x100.png
    Windows comes with an inbuilt Automatic Maintenance feature which takes care of important tasks like security updating and scanning, Windows software updates, Disk Defragmentation, Disk Volume Errors, System Diagnostics, etc. If you receive an error which says ‘Windows is unable to run [...]

This post Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Rong Jie Win User

Questions about Automatic Maintenance

I am not sure if there is a better name for Automatic Maintenance, I am referring to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.

How I know defragmentation is part of Automatic Maintenance:

• Open Defragmenter.
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.
    • Start Maintenance.
    • Go back to defragmenter, you will see it starts running.
    Since Automatic Maintenance will try to run during idle time and defragmentation is part of it, my HDD is being (partially) defragmented everyday. Is it harmful to my HDD?

Rong Jie, Sep 18, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows Maintenance never stops

I have "Idle Maintenance" and "Regular Maintenance" disabled in the Task Scheduler.
    Now it does not run anymore when idle.

I will defrag my hdd and optimize my ssd manually.
    I have scheduled windows defender anti virus scanning automatically once a week.
    I do windows updates manually.

I don't think that windows automatic maintenance when idle important is, or is it?

P4-630, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Rong Jie Win User

Questions about Automatic Maintenance

I know when my computer is idle, Automatic Maintenance will start to run automatically and when I start to use my computer actively again it will stop. But since my usual idle time is far too short for the whole process to run completely, defragmentation
    of my HDD (which is one of the first few steps in Automatic Maintenance) will never complete before I start using my computer, so I sometimes start maintenance manually through Control Panel. How often should I run it manually for best performance? Will overdoing
    defragmentation harms my HDD?

Also, I am curious about what are the steps carried out in Automatic Maintenance, all I know is defragmentation is definitely part of it.

Rong Jie, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance - Similar Threads - unable run Automatic

2. Automatic Maintenance keeps running multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Maintenance keeps running multiple times a day: So its been roughly almost 2 weeks since I updated to 2004, and for some inexplicable reason the automatic maintenance has been running a simply abnormal number of times every time my laptop goes idle. It seems to differ day by day, but today alone Ive seen Disk Cleanup...
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance running at wrong time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance running at wrong time: Why does it run at 2:35 PM when set to run at 2:00 AM? The computer was on and logged in all night, every night. Yet something else to add to my list that is difficult if not impossible to control. [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘: I can't start Maintenance in Windows 10 Home it shows last ran 10/26/19 any time I try to run I get a popup "Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘" I have tried to run SFC/ scannow no problems found, I have run DISM Tool, all...
  5. Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Maintenance: This feature was accessed about 45 minutes ago and is still running. How do I get it to complete the maintenance, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-maintenance/40119d17-0c2e-41b4-9982-19d4ec0cfe38
  6. Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10: How to: Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10 How to Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance is when Windows automatically runs maintenance on a daily schedule when you're not using your computer. This includes...
  7. Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs

Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs: Just wondering if anyone has a Win10 desktop that actually wakes up overnight, does automatic maintenance and then goes back to sleep. My PC has never done it. Auto maintenance does run if I stop using my computer and let it idle. According to Microsoft, if one uses the...
  8. Automatic Maintenance Bug?

Automatic Maintenance Bug?: I did am no Malware. Also it has not done it again since the reboot.
  9. Am unable to stop automatic maintenence

Am unable to stop automatic maintenence: I can click the button, but nothing is happening. When I restart my computer, it's still running. https://i.imgur.com/2F4Dm4f.png I have tried going into task scheduler but the folder the tasks are supposed to be in, is empty. https://i.imgur.com/AxEWB46.png Is...
  10. Automatic maintenance and windows.old

Automatic maintenance and windows.old: I know windows.old can be purged by the user but I am curious about how often disk clean up runs as part of automatic maintenance. After the upgrade to fall creators both our machines were left with sizeable 20 odd gigs of windows.old i left it about ten days and then gave...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unable to run automatic maintenance