Windows 10: Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation

Discus and support Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I opt for restart after a Windows update, Dell BIOS update or manual restarts, PC restart procedure get stuck while shutting down. I only see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MangeshGhaisas, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation

When I opt for restart after a Windows update, Dell BIOS update or manual restarts, PC restart procedure get stuck while shutting down. I only see screen on which 'Restarting' is written. Needs help.

:)

MangeshGhaisas, Jun 5, 2019
  2. little cat, Jun 5, 2019
  3. windows xp sp2 will not shutdown or restart

i guess nobody has had this problem or knows what to do lol. crap i'm screwed, just reinstalled windows and not only does it hang during shutdown from desktop, it hangs during the restarts while it's installing windows. somebody please help me

exodusprime1337, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Tailsy Win User

Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on shutdown/restart

Thank you, I have done all the steps requested.
    here is the command prompt log for the sfc and dism commands:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.19](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.16299.15Image Version: 10.0.16299.19[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    chkdsk log:

Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation [​IMG]

all the requested tests done in hdtune:

startup/recovery settings

memory dump file: Dropbox - MEMORY.DMP

Tailsy, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation

1. Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation - Similar Threads - unable shutdown restart

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  4. Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart: I’ve been playing games as the regular and all of the sudden, it freezes. I’ve tried to do ctrl + shift + esc, but it’s unresponsive and I can’t do anything about it. Do I have to get an experienced person to fix it or is it ruined?...
  5. Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart: I’ve been playing games as the regular and all of the sudden, it freezes. I’ve tried to do ctrl + shift + esc, but it’s unresponsive and I can’t do anything about it. Do I have to get an experienced person to fix it or is it ruined?...
  6. Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutdown: I have seen a lot of Windows users don't shutdown or restart thier PCs at least at the end of the day and that creates some of low performance or not responding to some commands. I keep telling them please restart it or shutdown so the O.S will re-arrange it's files and fixes...
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  10. unable to shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to shutdown: I am in a similar situation. Upgraded a self build PC from Windows 7 to 10. Now, I am unable to shutdown. I have turned off the Fast Startup, but it still reboots when I hit 'Shutdown'. Appreciate any input on this. 19329