Windows 10: Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation

Discus and support Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I opt for restart after a Windows update, Dell BIOS update or manual restarts, PC restart procedure get stuck while shutting down. I only see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MangeshGhaisas, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation

When I opt for restart after a Windows update, Dell BIOS update or manual restarts, PC restart procedure get stuck while shutting down. I only see screen on which 'Restarting' is written. Needs help.

:)

MangeshGhaisas, Jun 5, 2019
  2. little cat, Jun 5, 2019
  3. windows xp sp2 will not shutdown or restart

i guess nobody has had this problem or knows what to do lol. crap i'm screwed, just reinstalled windows and not only does it hang during shutdown from desktop, it hangs during the restarts while it's installing windows. somebody please help me

exodusprime1337, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Tailsy Win User

Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on shutdown/restart

Thank you, I have done all the steps requested.
    here is the command prompt log for the sfc and dism commands:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.19](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.16299.15Image Version: 10.0.16299.19[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    chkdsk log:

Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation [​IMG]

all the requested tests done in hdtune:

startup/recovery settings

memory dump file: Dropbox - MEMORY.DMP

Tailsy, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation

1. Windows is unable to shutdown in restart operation - Similar Threads - unable shutdown restart

2. Windows wont shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows wont shutdown or restart: Hello, I am currently running a new Windows 10 education edition install after my last one suddenly died. Now my current problem is that no matter the method of trying to shutdown my computer through windows its just gets stuck. Trying to shut down via the start menu doesn't...
  3. Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts: Hello Microsoft Community, I had seen online that you could add shortcuts to your desktop to quickly shut down or restart your PC. How can I do this but add a time interval (30 seconds, for example) before the computer shuts down or restarts? And is it possible to create a...
  4. Windows hangs on shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hangs on shutdown/restart: I just built a new PC. Upgraded my Windows license because my free upgrade to Windows 10 was from a Windows 7 OEM, Installed the mobo drivers (as best I could, see below), installed GPU drivers, etc. Issues: 1) Whenever I try and shut down, the system hangs on the blue...
  5. Restart after Shutdown

Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  6. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  7. BSOD, shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, shutdown and restart: For a while, if I left my computer on 24/7 every day or so I'd get a 1 second buzzing sound of corrupted audio followed by a BOSD saying various things like: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or sometimes DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Since I heard...
  8. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown then Immediately Restarts: Win 10 Pro x64 HP Spectre x360 15t, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, NVidia Geforce MX150 2GB GDDR5 I was having some issues with HP printer drivers but that did not appear to cause this shutdown issue. I plugged an LG BE14NU40 Blu-Ray Writer via USB and output via HDMI...
  9. unable to shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to shutdown: I am in a similar situation. Upgraded a self build PC from Windows 7 to 10. Now, I am unable to shutdown. I have turned off the Fast Startup, but it still reboots when I hit 'Shutdown'. Appreciate any input on this. 19329
  10. Unable to shutdown

Unable to shutdown: Hello People, I m trapped in very weird situation as my system is not going to shutdown completely.When i click shutdown system goes to shutdown screen its green screen with shutdown in middle,then screen goes off and CPU fans keep running if a tap space or any button on...