Windows 10: windows is unable to stop the device usb mass storage.....

Discus and support windows is unable to stop the device usb mass storage..... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after I close Explorer, this error message showed up. how to safely remove this USB hard disc drive, Toshiba 1 TB? [img] 80801 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by electron100, Apr 2, 2017.

1. windows is unable to stop the device usb mass storage.....

after I close Explorer, this error message showed up.
    how to safely remove this USB hard disc drive, Toshiba 1 TB?

windows is unable to stop the device usb mass storage..... [​IMG]

:)

electron100, Apr 2, 2017

2. Problem Ejecting UBS Mass Storage Device

I get this..... "Windows is unable to stop the device USB Mass Storage Device" and I have all closed on my PC....Thanks

ElzbietaJachura, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Problems with my exteral drive since I upgraded

Can't eject My 1TB WD My Passport Ultra external drive. Get the following: Windows is unable to stop the device "USB Mass Storage Device". Don't remove this device while it is still in use. Close any programs ?

SilverBack70, Apr 2, 2017
  4. windows is unable to stop the device usb mass storage.....

Hi wavelenght.

While I don't have a solution for why USB devices won't eject, my 64GB key never ejects, I usually just tell my computer to sleep. Once snoozing I pull the plug. I also understand that signing out basically accomplished the same thing but I haven't tested. To sign out use ALT + F4.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 8, 2017
Thema:

windows is unable to stop the device usb mass storage.....

1. windows is unable to stop the device usb mass storage..... - Similar Threads - unable stop device

2. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  3. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  4. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Mass Storage Device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  6. USB Mass Storage Device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  7. USB Mass Storage Device (Code38)

USB Mass Storage Device (Code38): Hi All I've been working on this issue for a few weeks months now and still no joy. My issue is as follows and I hope someone can point me in the right direction; If I boot the workstation fresh my external USB drive is present and works. That night I am able to run...
  8. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device: It is getting to the point where every time I leave a USB device plugged into my computer for more than 5 minutes, when I try to eject it, I get the INCREDIBLY annoying message: “Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device. This device is currently in use. Close any programs or...
  9. USB mass storage device problem

USB mass storage device problem: I am running a windows 10. AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5Ghz 8GB Ram 64 Bit Windows Version 1803 I am trying to do some work where I need to write data (3D print files) to an SD card for printing. It is part of a product testing cycle. When I first turn the...
  10. Problem with the USB mass storage device driver

Problem with the USB mass storage device driver: Hi, its my first post. My problem is that my 128gb flash drive wont appear in windows 10 or any programs. It showed up in the Devices section of the control panel, but said there was a problem with the USB mass storage device driver. I reinstalled the mass storage, and it...