Windows 10: Windows is unresponsive when I first get to the Desktop

Discus and support Windows is unresponsive when I first get to the Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, this issue has persisted for many months and I am just getting around to asking about it. There does not appear to be any pattern I can discern... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aaron the Baron, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Windows is unresponsive when I first get to the Desktop

Hello, this issue has persisted for many months and I am just getting around to asking about it. There does not appear to be any pattern I can discern that causes the problem.

Problem: When I turn on my computer it boots up normal, there is an auto login 1 account, no password and when I get to my desktop I cannot click on anything. All of the icons are there, the task bar is loaded and I just simply can't click on any of them. The mouse cursor does move and keyboard shortcuts do work. If I open a window such as a browser or application, they load fine but the moment I click on anything the whole window goes out of focus as if I clicked off of it. Easiest way to explain is if you open a browser and look at the menu options at the top, now click off the browser like click somewhere else on the desktop, the browser goes out of "Focus" and the menus turn grayish until you select the browser again. Except this is for every application.

Steps so far:

1. I have already tried a different mouse 3 actually

2. I have tried MS tools such as chkdsk and DISM

3. The issue does persist in safe mode

4. I have used 3rd party programs to check my computer such as CCleaner and IOBit tools, which I trust and have used for years.

5. All of my drivers are up to date, and again this started months maybe even a year ago.

6. Windows is up to date. The best time frame I can think of is it was around Version 1809 or 1903 when this began but it may have been earlier. I am currently on 1909.

My ONLY temporary solution so far, and this works EVERY SINGLE TIME, is when this happens I press CTRL+ALT+DEL. I don't have to open task manager or any of the options, all I have to do is open the menu for it. At this point I usually just click cancel, BUT I have to click Cancel twice. The first time somehow brings the window into "Focus" and the second one actually registers the click. From there on everything runs as normal until the next time I turn on my computer.

I have scoured the internet for many hours and everything I find is related to missing icons or a blank screen but none of those are a symptom I have and I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem.

:)

Aaron the Baron, Apr 3, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 3, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 3, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Windows is unresponsive when I first get to the Desktop

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows is unresponsive when I first get to the Desktop

1. Windows is unresponsive when I first get to the Desktop - Similar Threads - unresponsive Desktop

2. Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop: If the pc is already running then I restart the computer, the next time I reach the desktop, no programs function anymore not even shutdown, restart. I can't open any programs/app AFTER 10-15s upon reaching the desktop. During that 10-15s period I can open any program fine,...
  3. Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop: If the pc is already running then I restart the computer, the next time I reach the desktop, no programs function anymore not even shutdown, restart. I can't open any programs/app AFTER 10-15s upon reaching the desktop. During that 10-15s period I can open any program fine,...
  4. Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...: Windows 10 ProAMD Ryzen 9 5900xMAG X570 Tomahawk wifi moboEVGA 3080 FTW3 UltraGSkill Trident 2x16GB RAMSamsung 970 EVO plus SSDI have a desktop that I've built that is about 3 years old and this past few months have been crashing frequently. I would leave the computer on over...
  6. My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...

My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...: Windows 10 ProAMD Ryzen 9 5900xMAG X570 Tomahawk wifi moboEVGA 3080 FTW3 UltraGSkill Trident 2x16GB RAMSamsung 970 EVO plus SSDI have a desktop that I've built that is about 3 years old and this past few months have been crashing frequently. I would leave the computer on over...
  7. My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle: One thing I've noticed since some time back now is how I often find my Windows 11 desktop being unresponsive after I haven't used the computer for a while.What happens is when I move the mouse cursor to for instance open a folder I have on my Desktop, the folder icon isn't...
  9. Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle

Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle: One thing I've noticed since some time back now is how I often find my Windows 11 desktop being unresponsive after I haven't used the computer for a while.What happens is when I move the mouse cursor to for instance open a folder I have on my Desktop, the folder icon isn't...
  10. Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop: For the last day or two I've been seeing this small icon on my desktop. It's less than a quarter the size of a normal icon which I've placed next to it for size comparison. Has anyone seen anything like this before?If I left-click or double-click on it, nothing happens. If I...