Windows 10: Windows is updating, but they're not on? I got a computer with the same account..

Discus and support Windows is updating, but they're not on? I got a computer with the same account.. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yes, if you read the subject, it might seem crazy...and it is. I am dealing with updates on my computer while they're not on. I have a computer logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarsenTomko, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Windows is updating, but they're not on? I got a computer with the same account..

Yes, if you read the subject, it might seem crazy...and it is. I am dealing with updates on my computer while they're not on. I have a computer logged in with the same email. As a way to fix it, I seem that if there are 2 of the same accounts logged in on another device, changes take effect to the other device, no matter what you do. Only for Tablet PC, PC, and Laptop. So, if you don't want your changes on a device taking effect on another device, log out of the account on one device and set up aLOCAL ACCOUNT.

What is a local account?

A local account is an account that doesn't require an email, perfect for if you don't want to make an email, you will get a custom username and password,

no need to set up a pin during setup. I believe the PIN comes after the account.

The differences to an online account and a local account?

Well, It's pretty self explanatory, the online account uses an email and password for microsoft, hence the name "Online Account."

The local account doesn't. And with the online account, your EMAIL will be displayed as a username at log on. For example.

"LOCAL ACCOUNT:" Samantha J.

ONLINE ACCOUNT: samanthaj@outlook [or hotmail] .com.

How does these changes work?

Like I said, when you sign into the same account, take an example from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, it will think it's you on that exact device, and will make changes to ANYTHING, even passwords, so it will not stop hackers from breaching dat, ultimately ruining anything personal on it.

A step by step windows guide will be posted next week or so.

:)

CarsenTomko, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows is updating, but they're not on? I got a computer with the same account.. :(

Zakin, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Windows is updating, but they're not on? I got a computer with the same account..

Outlook, Windows update screwed my computer

Hi Bennie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• When you set up the account, did you create a local account or Microsoft account?
    • What is the exact error message you get when you try to login?

I suggest you to check if you have activated two step verification for your account. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off and check.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account

Also check if the Windows Update was successfully installed on your computer.

• Press Windows Key + I and click on Update and Security.
    • Under Windows Update tab, click on Advanced options
    • Click on View update history and check if the update is installed properly.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows is updating, but they're not on? I got a computer with the same account..

1. Windows is updating, but they're not on? I got a computer with the same account.. - Similar Threads - updating they're got

2. My Computer got hacked and they're asking for money to compensate my data ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer got hacked and they're asking for money to compensate my data ?: Any idea how to fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-got-hacked-and-theyre-asking-for-money/bee0e623-4ad1-493e-8598-ee7bffbddfab
  3. My Computer got hacked and they're asking for money to compensate my data ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer got hacked and they're asking for money to compensate my data ?: Any idea how to fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-got-hacked-and-theyre-asking-for-money/bee0e623-4ad1-493e-8598-ee7bffbddfab
  4. My Computer got hacked and they're asking for money to compensate my data ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. New Outlook Account with Same Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Outlook Account with Same Computer: I no longer want to have my current outlook email on my windows 10 computer. I have a new outlook account I would like to use instead but I don't want to lose any of my data on my computer. I have a ton of music and pictures that I can't lose. Will anything happen if I remove...
  6. Running same account on 2 computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running same account on 2 computers: I have a windows laptop which is linked to my microsoft account. The windows activation status says it is activated through my account. I am planning to buy a Surface Pro and give this laptop to my younger brother. Before that I want to remove my account from this laptop so...
  7. Clone user accounts on the same computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clone user accounts on the same computer: Good day everyone, is there a way to clone an user account to a new one on the same computer? I previously posted I have problems with icons but no one was able to give me an answer on how to fix it...
  8. Separating Accounts On The Same Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separating Accounts On The Same Computer: So I have a desktop and I'm trying to set it up for both me and my mom to use it so I created her a local account. The problem that I'm having is every time I install a program or change a setting or add a file it automatically does the same on her account. So how do I...
  9. Second Computer, Same Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second Computer, Same Account: I'm putting together another PC with a new W10 key and I was wondering if I can use the account I'm currently using on this PC on the new one without any conflict? Or do I have to create a new one?...
  10. Remote into different account on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote into different account on same computer: Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main...