Windows 10: Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing?

Discus and support Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; HOW DO I STOP IT?! This is after a fresh install! It's lagging! Okay, so Android Studio was using 44%, but that is to be expected. Why is Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/STOP_POLLUTING, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing?

HOW DO I STOP IT?! This is after a fresh install! It's lagging!

Okay, so Android Studio was using 44%, but that is to be expected. Why is Windows allowing itself to use so much RAM that it starts lagging?! This was not a problem before the fresh install.

Chrome was using 8%. Edge was using 22%.

That leave no apps open. So the system is using 26%. Perhaps the problem is Edge. I thought I'd try it out after the fresh install. Perhaps a bad idea.

submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/STOP_POLLUTING, Jul 15, 2020
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Jul 15, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Do I really need 8gb RAM?

RAM Speed is more important when it comes to APU's. 1600mhz is standard, 1866mhz is a decent step up, most of us ignore 1333mhz. Timings are more important than speed to me. Id rather have CL9 1600mhz than CL11 2400mhz

RCoon, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing?

Usable of 8GB Ram

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 32 bit operating system with 8GB Ram. My laptop showing only 1.91 GB Ram usable, PLEASE help me how to used all 8gb ram?

AadilMemon, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing?

1. Windows is using 92% of 8gb ram and climbing? - Similar Threads - using 92% 8gb

2. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: ive had my laptop for about a year now played only minecraft all of a sudden i keep running out of ram whatever tf i do im idle at 60% usage right as i restart my computer im pissed i tried everything background process that consume most are windows defender got virtual...
  3. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  4. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  5. Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app using 8gb of ram, is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/John_CL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjdknx/xbox_app_using_8gb_of_ram_is_this_normal/
  6. Windows using 7-8GB of ram idle

Windows using 7-8GB of ram idle: Even after a fresh reinstall windows 10 is using between 7-8GB just idling without any extra applications installed. It doesn't really affect performance, but it's just annoying when many other people only have it using 3-4GB idle. What can be done to stop it from using so...
  7. 8gb ram can only be used for 4?

8gb ram can only be used for 4?: Hello, I have 8 GB ram in my PC, but I can only use 4 or 3.99 GB. I tried a lot of things like msconfig which set the maximum memory to 8000 but it did not help Hab 4x2GB from Samsung 8gb ram kann aber nur 4nutzen?
  8. New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle

New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle: I just bought a new laptop it has total 8gbs of ram but it uses at least 3,5 gb when i open it. And after some using it at least uses 4gb on idle.I tried the first video that you see when you google this problem. There are 2 methods you open regedit and turn a value that's 2...
  9. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: i got a new laptop and the ram usage at idle is 60% with 8gb of ram in games like rust they ram is running 90% and only using 4gb for rust this makes the game unplayable i would like to know if i will just have to buy more ram or a can clear up some space. below are my ram...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075