Windows 10: Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in?

Discus and support Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First, to start by saying, I didn't even think this is possible. Today, I plugged a standard smartphone earplugs (with mic) in my mic in plug. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bal0rCIM, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in?

First, to start by saying, I didn't even think this is possible.

Today, I plugged a standard smartphone earplugs (with mic) in my mic in plug. What happened is, they got recognized as a microphone, but instead of using the actual microphone device on the headset, windows decided to listen on the actual headphones. As in, the drivers that you put in your ear and make the sound. And it actually picks up my voice.

I don't know how a driver which produces sound can pick up sounds and be used as a mic, but it works somehow, albeit poorly.

How can I tell windows to listen on the mic instead?

EDIT: Apparently my motherboard is shit. 3.5mm splitter works.

submitted by /u/Bal0rCIM
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bal0rCIM, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Ruud Win User

Combined mic/speakers

I have a combined mic and speakers jack and also a combined input, but my microphone isn't working. it's just using my pc mic.

3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 22, 2020
  4. fitsu Win User

Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in?

split an all in 1 speaker/mic to speaker + mic

Kind of bad title, didn't know how to word it.

Basically I have one of those Iphone earphones which use a single lead and have a built in mic and I wanted to use it on a PC. I was wondering if I could get an adapter which I plugged the earphones into which had a Mic Out and a Speaker Out to plug into my PC so that I can use both the mic and speaker components of the earphones at the same time.

Or is there any other method of doing this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

fitsu, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in?

1. Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in? - Similar Threads - using earplugs' speakers

2. My mic is not working, am using separate mobile phone headphones for mic and a speaker for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic is not working, am using separate mobile phone headphones for mic and a speaker for...: Hi, MicrosoftYuval Archit herethis is my moms brothers acc i wud like to know why my mic is not working i tried everything and still not working pls do help... if u need anything i will send u the pics and stuff for u...
  3. My mic is not working, am using separate mobile phone headphones for mic and a speaker for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mic is not working, am using separate mobile phone headphones for mic and a speaker for...: Hi, MicrosoftYuval Archit herethis is my moms brothers acc i wud like to know why my mic is not working i tried everything and still not working pls do help... if u need anything i will send u the pics and stuff for u...
  4. My mic is not working, am using separate mobile phone headphones for mic and a speaker for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No mic and speaker access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mic and speaker access: i am using kali desktop GUI but my mic and speakers are not working. this is what it shows to me in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-mic-and-speaker-access/28b77532-aa84-4aea-93c3-8cf98e470911
  6. Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.

Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.: So I have a pair of beats headphones and wanted to use it as both my mic and and headphones for my new pc. However I in my input devices I saw that I only has "Stereo Mix" or "Mic in front panel Pink" which underneath is says "RealtekR Audio". I tried seeing if I got any...
  7. Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.: So I have a pair of beats headphones and wanted to use it as both my mic and and headphones for my new pc. However I in my input devices I saw that I only have"Stereo Mix" which underneath is says "RealtekR Audio". I tried seeing if I got any response on discord but I got...
  8. Mic / Speakers not working!

Mic / Speakers not working!: Hey guys, I have a very weird problem with my speakers and microphone. I try to describe it as detailed as possible: Yesterday evening around 8 PM GMT +1 I was recording my voice through Audacity and listened to it. Everything worked perfectly fine. After that I started...
  9. Combined mic/speakers

Combined mic/speakers: I have a combined mic and speakers jack and also a combined input, but my microphone isn't working. it's just using my pc mic. 37678
  10. How to use my head set with a mic and speaker?

How to use my head set with a mic and speaker?: Hey guy's, I got a skull candy headset and my phone is half broken so i cant skype very well so i want to skype on my pc but it got an mic port and a speaker port but i don know how to use them both i tryed to select mic and headphone in the sound managerbut nothing...