Windows 10: windows is very slow, it will hang and laptop will automatically switches off

Discus and support windows is very slow, it will hang and laptop will automatically switches off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As while I was working on my laptop my laptop backside battery is overhated and automatically it will shotdown.While I was giving the interview I faced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vidyamc, Sep 21, 2021.

1. vidyamc Win User

windows is very slow, it will hang and laptop will automatically switches off

As while I was working on my laptop my laptop backside battery is overhated and automatically it will shotdown.While I was giving the interview I faced this issue so I missed a very good job opportunity.Please help me out to fix this problem.

:)

vidyamc, Sep 21, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 21, 2021
  3. Slow/hang problem of windows 7[fine in same mode]

Hello,

I've installed windows 7 last week.

and 3 times in last week due to this problem..

i thought this hanging problem was due to some software incompatibility, so i formatted and installed again and again to diagnose if any software was causing this problem..

i also stopped services and startup of installed softwares one by one to check same..

but i didnt found out cause and none of installed app was responsible for same accoridng to me..

IE, firefox also get slows/hang..sometimes immediately after startup, it hangs/slows.

and most of the times when i shutdown/restart duting such slowing, windows shows msg of "force restart-close app running in background"

However, it works fine in safemode..

My laptop is HP dv6226tx.

2.5gb ram

1.67c2d

nvidia geforce go 7400

tell me if i can use windows 7 on my laptop?

shd i rollback to windows vista using recovery disk or try installing windows 7 again 4th time? (

Hoping for best solution.

freebird_9924, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Marko1401 Win User

Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair

Can someone help me out here?

I miss posted the thread to the wrong section, it's here :
    Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair - Windows 10 Forums

Can a moderator move it to this section?

I seem to have a problem, my laptop works ok then all of a sudden hangs, reboots and goes into recovery mode/automatic repair.
    It started acting this way as of yesterday.

Thanks a lot,

Marko

Marko1401, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

1. windows is very slow, it will hang and laptop will automatically switches off - Similar Threads - very slow hang

2. Laptop is very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is very slow.: My laptop works very slow and the movement of cursor hangs. How can I rectify this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-very-slow/ab767d4c-3975-43c5-884f-8f2341832826
  3. Laptop is very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is very slow.: My laptop works very slow and the movement of cursor hangs. How can I rectify this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-very-slow/ab767d4c-3975-43c5-884f-8f2341832826
  4. Slow Startup and hanging laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Startup and hanging laptop: My Laptop takes a lot of time to open. I have disabled all startup programs, 700gb out of 930gb storage on my hard disk is free, I have defragmented my hard disk, I have changed the power settings to performance and regularly shutdown my laptop but my laptop takes a lot of...
  5. system hangs/can't switch off

system hangs/can't switch off: After the last upgrade, my Acer Aspire 515 keeps hanging on restart. A message saying an error has occurred and it must restart. this happens several times then it hangs. I cannot get it to switch off! Any ideas what is the problem? Currently the screen is hanging after...
  6. Laptop very slow

Laptop very slow: Hello! I have a ASUS X541UV i3-7100U, GeForce 920MX, 4GB Ram, 500 GB HDD. It is very slow, it lags, it glitches the windows, some applications Not Responding or just they go black for a few seconds, blue loading on cursor. I want to mention that I didn't got any virus because...
  7. Laptop very slow

Laptop very slow: I have Lenovo G5070,intel i3,ram 4 gb. I rarely use my laptop to play video or use notepad But last 6 months my laptop performance very slow. I tried windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade Format all drives Boot by usb many times Delete all partitions and new created then installed...
  8. Very Slow Laptop

Very Slow Laptop: 1 month ago my laptop started acting up. It is being very laggy and slow. Most of the time when I start up my PC I get the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), and that is very worrying. When it shows BSOD I turn it off then on again and works fine but still is very laggy and slow....
  9. laptop very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop very slow: laptop very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-very-slow/d6f6bce5-a0fc-48fb-b69b-7412a141e3dd
  10. Very Slow Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very Slow Laptop: Hi there, My Acer OEM laptop has become very slow and is frustrating to no end. I want to reformat my hard disk and reinstall (clean stall) Win10. How do I go about this without me purchasing a Win10 product key?...