Windows 10: Windows is waking up the machine from hibernation hours later...

Discus and support Windows is waking up the machine from hibernation hours later... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I usually use hibernation. But now with windows 10 sometimes when I arrive at home, the machine is on. I suspect that the auto update is trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MauricioMBG, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Windows is waking up the machine from hibernation hours later...

Hello.
    I usually use hibernation. But now with windows 10 sometimes when I arrive at home, the machine is on. I suspect that the auto update is trying to rebooted the system by itself... is that possible? What could be the reason?

Once I saw this happening and soon after the machine wake up appears the warning about schedule to reboot to update...

Thanks.

:)

MauricioMBG, Sep 11, 2015
  2. DaveCG Win User

Transition from sleep to hibernate fails

I have a problem with my laptop not hibernating from sleep following the creators edition update.

Before the update I had my machine set to sleep after 20 minutes and hibernate after 30 minutes

For my usage this worked perfectly, if I didn't wake the machine up from sleep then

I would probably not be back for some time so would hibernate to save power.

Following the creators update my laptop would sleep fine but when it wakes to hibernate it fails and

goes back to sleep. This repeats for ever until I wake the machine.

If I manually hibernate the laptop it works fine.

I have tracked the problem down to a wake timer being set for a backup to a server running Windows Home Server 2011.

This wake timer prevents hibernating from sleep even if the wake timer is set for many hours in the future.

If I disable the task that sets this wake timer the sleep then hibernate operation works as it used to but

of course the backup never runs.

If I change the power option for wake timers to important events only the laptop works as it used to but it does not wake up

to carry out the backup.

I have carried out a number of tests and have discovered that any wake timer that is timed within 24 hours of the

attempt to go from sleep to hibernate will cause the transition to fail.

Could someone please test this as I can't believe this is how Microsoft designed it!!

DaveCG, Sep 11, 2015
  3. nutnate Win User
    Schedule Windows 10 Update Time

Is there a way to set Windows 10 to not wake my computer from hibernation? Due to the nature of what I do with my computer, I have to leave it running for long periods of time without going to sleep, so I have disabled the auto sleep function, and when I
    stop using the computer to save power I put the computer to sleep or hibernate.

My issue is that when Windows Update determines that an update needs to be installed, it will wake my computer up from hibernate or sleep, and my computer won't go back to sleep until I get home, often 24 or more hours later. Can I schedule Windows Update
    to not wake my computer from hibernation, or wait to check until I wake it? I don't mind the updates, I just need my computer to stay in hibernation when I put it there.

nutnate, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

Windows is waking up the machine from hibernation hours later...

1. Windows is waking up the machine from hibernation hours later... - Similar Threads - waking machine hibernation

2. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  3. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  4. PC waking up from hibernate status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC waking up from hibernate status: Hi, my PC is set to go into hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I observed, that it often starts up again a short while after going into hibernate and I don't know why. I tried using powercfg -lastwake in cmd as admin right after the PC started but the History is empty....
  5. PC waking up from hibernate status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC waking up from hibernate status: Hi, my PC is set to go into hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I observed, that it often starts up again a short while after going into hibernate and I don't know why. I tried using powercfg -lastwake in cmd as admin right after the PC started but the History is empty....
  6. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation: I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following: Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer. Updated drivers Turn off fast start up Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt USB...
  7. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD an hour after waking from hibernation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD an hour after waking from hibernation.: If I put my PC into hibernation and wake it up the next morning, about an hour later my google chrome starts to crash and I get a BSOD. Looking at BlueScreenViewer I can see that its always ntoskrnl.exe but today its been with Npfs.SYS and yesterday it was with usbccgp.sys....
  8. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  9. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  10. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation: My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have: disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked...