Windows 10: Windows Isn't Saving Some Of My Preferences

Discus and support Windows Isn't Saving Some Of My Preferences in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. English is not my native language, so please forgive any errors. My Windows 10 has recently stopped saving some of my small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cihank1, Jun 14, 2019.

1. cihank1 Win User

Windows Isn't Saving Some Of My Preferences

Hello everyone. English is not my native language, so please forgive any errors.

My Windows 10 has recently stopped saving some of my small preferences. For example when I run a search in File Explorer (by writing the key words in the small box at the top left), I want the results to be shown in the list view. This used to be the case, but now it's always small icons view. Even when I change it to the list view, in the next search the view goes back to small icons.

Can you guys think of a reason for this? How can I fix this problem? Thank you.

:)

cihank1, Jun 14, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Windows Isn't Saving Some Of My Preferences

Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Isn't Saving Some Of My Preferences

1. Windows Isn't Saving Some Of My Preferences - Similar Threads - Isn't Saving Preferences

2. Unable to save my settings preferences display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save my settings preferences display: Hi,This is my first post here, so I apologize in advance for any mistake/not providing the necessary information. The problem I'm facing is not a problem per se, it`s more the inconvenience of having to change the display settings every time I turn my laptop on. Apparently,...
  3. Can't Save Monitor Preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Save Monitor Preferences: I currently have 2 Brand new HP OMEN 27U Monitors hooked up to my windows 10 PC. I'm running a AMDRadeon RX 580 Series Graphics card and have both monitors pugged in to the card via 2x 8K Display Port Cables.On Startup only one screen shows my computer desktop. I have to...
  4. Taskbar Widget is not saving my preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Widget is not saving my preferences: The taskbar widget is not saving any of my preferences for what I don't want to see. I block sources and types of content, and when I go back into my preferences, none of the preferences stick. I wish I could get rid of the news feature altogether. I would like to just have...
  5. Taskbar Widget is not saving my preferences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Widget is not saving my preferences: The taskbar widget is not saving any of my preferences for what I don't want to see. I block sources and types of content, and when I go back into my preferences, none of the preferences stick. I wish I could get rid of the news feature altogether. I would like to just have...
  6. Failure to save preferences

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failure to save preferences: I get the request to select preferences on many websites, which say they have saved the preferences, but the next time I go into the site, it asks again, The preferences have not been saved. Is there something I have done in my settings which is stopping the saving of...
  7. Failure to save preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to save preferences: I get the request to select preferences on many websites, which say they have saved the preferences, but the next time I go into the site, it asks again, The preferences have not been saved. Is there something I have done in my settings which is stopping the saving of...
  8. Failure to save preferences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Not saving sound preferences

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not saving sound preferences: Hi, I change discord sounds in: Settings>System>Sound>App Volume Device Preferences. Everytime I start up my computer the discord sound is at 100 and that is way to loud for me, I usually keep it at 10-15 but 100 is loud enough to hear yourself through my microphone. Every...
  10. Bing does not save my preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing does not save my preferences: Frequently after a shut down, or even a restart, I get signed out of my Bing and none of my preferences have been saved. Who do I have to blame for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-does-not-save-my-preferences/46330e33-3941-412e-8327-d6d7c38b3def