Windows 10: Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt...

Discus and support Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all. Need help! By isn't waking I mean there's blank screen. Keyboard backlits are on, and LED indicators are working. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lycheejuice225, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt...

Title says it all. Need help!

By isn't waking I mean there's blank screen. Keyboard backlits are on, and LED indicators are working.

submitted by /u/lycheejuice225
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lycheejuice225, Dec 29, 2020
  2. 智鍵關 Win User

Using Hypervisor before running Hyper-V

I want to use Hyper-V creating virtual disk to install iso software. After I created virtual disk by Hyper-V, it could not work and showed the following message: hypervisor was not executed !

I tried to input a couple of command at the powershell (administration) :

bcdedit /store c: BootBCD /set hypervisorlaunchtype Auto

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto

dism /online/eabl-feature/ featurename: Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

````````````` it is still not working ~~~~~ for Hyper-V

Please advise me how to do !

Enclosed with 2 screen images of what I did.

***Original title: how to open hypervisor before using hyper-V in Windows Pro ?***

智鍵關, Dec 29, 2020
  3. VimsShek Win User
    Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

I'm running into a weird issue on my Lenovo Z51 laptop. Its equipped with an intel i7 processor and is running Windows 10 Pro (Build 14393).

I had Hyper-V installed on this laptop with all kinds of VMs running for a while. Then I got a VMware license and decided to uninstall Hyper-V. I uninstalled Hyper-V by going to "Turn Windows Features on or off", unchecking all options under Hyper-V and
    then rebooting the machine on the prompt. After the reboot, I installed VMware but when I try to start the VMs, it gives me an error that Hyper-V is still running.

In the "Turn Windows Features on or off", the box for Hyper-V is unchecked. However, when I look at msinfo32 it still says>>

"A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."

Coreinfo.exe says the same thing:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz

Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel

Microcode signature: 00000021

HYPERVISOR * Hypervisor is present

VMX - Supports Intel hardware-assisted virtualization

EPT - Supports Intel extended page tables (SLAT)

I did a lot of hunting and already tried the below assuming some corruption:

"SFC /scannow" & reboot,

"dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" & reboot

"bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off & reboot

None of these worked.

Why does it say the hypervisor is present when I have uninstalled Hyper-V ? What can I do to fix this and run VMware ?

VimsShek, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt...

Enabling Hyper-V causes Windows 10 unable to boot

You might be able to run Googles Android emulator with Hyper-V enabled, if you also enable the "Windows Hypervisor Platform", but I believe you will get the best performance using Intel HAXM. eave Hyper-V disabled.

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/emulator-acceleration

EDIT: I misread the webpage. It looks like it is either HAXM if you do not need to also run Hyper-V and Windows Hypervisor Platform if you do also need to run Hyper-V.

I run Hyper-V. When I need to run an Android Emulator (I usually just use NOX) I first disable the Hypervisor in BCD and restart. I do not need to uninstall Hyper-V, I just disable the Hypervisor: (bcdedit.exe /set hypervisorlaunchtype off).

Don Cuthbert, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt...

1. Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt... - Similar Threads - isn't waking turning

2. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  3. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  4. need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.: Split from this thread. Hi can you help me with this problem. PS C:\Users\oleks> dism.exe / Online / Disable-Feature / FeatureName: Microsoft-Hyper-V-AllError: 87DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option "".For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe...
  5. need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.: Split from this thread. Hi can you help me with this problem. PS C:\Users\oleks> dism.exe / Online / Disable-Feature / FeatureName: Microsoft-Hyper-V-AllError: 87DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option "".For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe...
  6. Hyper V Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper V Hypervisor: So this file says that I need to enable Virtualization Technology on my computer in order to install it. It is enabled, and just to check, i disabled it in order to see what it would say. It says that I need to enable VT on my computer and the file is greyed out.SO why is it...
  7. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  8. Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role

Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role: Hi, I am trying to install the Hyper-V role through the Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn a Windows Feature On or Off. When I check the box for Hyper-V, it searches for the files, acquires them, and applies the changes. It then says "Windows completed...
  9. Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out

Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out: Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out. I have Intel VT enabled in the UEFI BIOS. Any suggestions? EDIT: Processor i5 4460 which has vt-x capabilities. However Intel Processor id utility says it doesn't. Hypervisor worked with previous builds EDIT: When I...
  10. Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running: Hi all, Title says it all. I'm using Win10 Enterprise edition Insider Preview 15007 on an Intel Core 2 duo based notebook with 4gb ram. When I tried hyper-v some months ago, it succeeded. I don't know why it doesn't run. Intel Virtualization Technology is on according...