Windows 10: Windows isn't working right can't open start menu, search, or search in file explorer,...

Discus and support Windows isn't working right can't open start menu, search, or search in file explorer,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I did something very stupid which was shutting the pc down by the wall when it was switching off, why I did this? It was 3am and it had been taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oaklee Thomas, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Windows isn't working right can't open start menu, search, or search in file explorer,...

So, I did something very stupid which was shutting the pc down by the wall when it was switching off, why I did this? It was 3am and it had been taking a very long time to shut down and I seriously needed sleep. Now i'm experiencing the above problems, i've tried DISM and SFC now I'm just contacting Microsoft with my issue.

:)

Oaklee Thomas, Nov 24, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 24, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Windows isn't working right can't open start menu, search, or search in file explorer,...

Start, search bar and right-click on IE11 all not working

Same problem with start menu, dead. Also search the web and windows bar is dead. Right click on Internet Explorer 11 is dead. Real slow start up. I thank everyone for the suggestions although they didn`t work. Bottom line is, no when to call it quits. Going
    back in life seems to be the norm.

Original title: win/10

ScottFossett, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows isn't working right can't open start menu, search, or search in file explorer,...

1. Windows isn't working right can't open start menu, search, or search in file explorer,... - Similar Threads - isn't working right

2. Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open: The previous week my computer force restarted itself and wouldn't boot up for hours. All of a sudden when I log on, I can't open settings, the start menu, the file explorer, and the search bar. Settings closes immediately after opening. The file explorer won't open and causes...
  3. Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open: The previous week my computer force restarted itself and wouldn't boot up for hours. All of a sudden when I log on, I can't open settings, the start menu, the file explorer, and the search bar. Settings closes immediately after opening. The file explorer won't open and causes...
  4. Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Searching files and docs from Start Menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching files and docs from Start Menu isn't working: Hello There.I am unable to search for documents and other files directly from the start menu. Previously it used to work. Now it isn't.I have tried re-building search index and checked to see if Windows search in services is running. Everything seems to be running. I tried...
  6. Searching files and docs from Start Menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching files and docs from Start Menu isn't working: Hello There.I am unable to search for documents and other files directly from the start menu. Previously it used to work. Now it isn't.I have tried re-building search index and checked to see if Windows search in services is running. Everything seems to be running. I tried...
  7. Can't search in start menu, settings, or file explorer

in Cortana
    Can't search in start menu, settings, or file explorer: Hi, I'm unable to search my computer files when I press the windows key and type, like I usually do. Even when I right click the windows icon in the bottom right corner and click search, nothing shows up on screen when I type on my keyboard. Additionally, when I go into the...
  8. Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working: I noticed that the search bar in the start menu and in the file explorer isn't working 2 weeks from using the clipboard feature Windows+V on two of my devices which makes my life so hard, I can paste text in it but can't type in it I did the power shell solution it worked for...
  9. Windows Explorer search and Start Menu not working*

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer search and Start Menu not working*: About three days ago I noticed that my Search Button and searching in general wasn't working and the Start Menu was more or less broken. I tried almost every solution I could find - like running sfc /scannow or DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, that sort of thing -...
  10. Search menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu isn't working: Hi I need some help with my system. The search menu isn't working. That's how it looks like. Can somebody lend some help? Here is a screenshot.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-menu-isnt-working/8dbc7dd2-4080-49fd-af0a-b1164046d888