Windows 10: Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?

Discus and support Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, i've been trying to edit the windows 8.1 ISO for personal reasons, but when I try to access the contents, it adds a digital DVD drive "D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lil'_man, Oct 19, 2022.

1. lil'_man Win User

Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?

Recently, i've been trying to edit the windows 8.1 ISO for personal reasons, but when I try to access the contents, it adds a digital DVD drive "D: Drive" with all the files inside. When I try to edit the contents in the DVD drive, it does not allow me to do so. Could anybody tell me why this happens, or better yet, how to bypass using the digital drive entirely?

:)

lil'_man, Oct 19, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

3. Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 19, 2022
  4. Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?

CD/DVD drive (EWindows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive? :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 19, 2022
Thema:

Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?

1. Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive? - Similar Threads - ISO opens digital

2. Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?: Recently, i've been trying to edit the windows 8.1 ISO for personal reasons, but when I try to access the contents, it adds a digital DVD drive "D: Drive" with all the files inside. When I try to edit the contents in the DVD drive, it does not allow me to do so. Could anybody...
  3. DVD Drive not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drive not opening: I upgraded to win 10 and.. My DVD drive is not opening What should I do ?? I Don't know how to solve any internal issue.. also I don't want to change the hardware for it. Is there any solution?...
  4. DVD drive opens by itself?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive opens by itself?: Hello, I am sitting at my PC as usual and suddenly the drive goes out... how can I understand that? is it a virus? or what? is some ghost trying to annoy me? it is impossible that i came against the key of the drive and i did not give the command anywhere. I ask...
  5. DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso: Hello Let me begin by saying my grammar is a bit bad so bare with me and I'm not a techie so I might've done something. Ok so I was upgrading to windows 10 yesterday and thought I'd burn the iso on the USB stick as a back up (because I have power outs usually and thought what...
  6. Burning ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning ISO to DVD: I want to burn the Windows 10 1903 ISO to my DVD. Problem is the DVD capacity is just shy of what I need. The ISO is 5.59 GB and the DVD is 4.37 GB. Any ideas, James...
  7. Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD: How do I burn Window 10 64 bit ISO to dvd that has 4.7GB only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-window-10-iso-to-dvd/7a738b61-21de-4618-854d-8298399fbbd9
  8. Mount DVD ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount DVD ISO: Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to...
  9. burning an ISO DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    burning an ISO DVD: I burned one with Windows 7 and noticed it seemed to burn at full speed. Is it worth using a program like imgburn which allows you to select slower burn speeds, perhaps resulting in fewer installation problems? 6448
  10. Copy ISO file to DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy ISO file to DVD: I have the windows 10 ISO file on my hard drive and am trying to copy it do a DVD+R. But I get a message that tells me that the DVD has to be formatted to NTFS. When I try to format I don't have a NTFS option. Isn't there a way to move the iso form my hard drive to the DVD?...