Windows 10: Windows issue no way to turn wifi on

Discus and support Windows issue no way to turn wifi on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I never had an issue with my laptop before . I disconnected my wifi earlier and now I cannot go back because there is no option to turn on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elizabethfed, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Windows issue no way to turn wifi on

I never had an issue with my laptop before . I disconnected my wifi earlier and now I cannot go back because there is no option to turn on.

:)

Elizabethfed, Jul 20, 2022
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jul 20, 2022
  3. WiFi turned off issue

Hello,
    I'm recently experiencing issues with my Dell Inspiron 15 7559. I have an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter and, ever since yesterday, it stopped working completely. When I click on the wifi button in the taskbar it says the WiFi is "Turned off". However, there's no way to turn it on. Even if I click network settings and click the wifi toggle it instantly goes back to off.
    I tried to go through the troubleshooter and it suggests that the physical switch is off. However i have no physical switch and the only related key I have on my keyboard is for the airplane mode (and is, currently, off).

I tried to run a Ubuntu Live disk and it gave the same issue: radio hardware off or something similar.

To make it even weirder, yesterday I had left the laptop alone for an hour or so and when I came back it was working again. But this morning it was off again, and it is not working ever since then. Of course I tried restarting and even restoring from a previous backup, but to no avail.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
    L

EDIT: I also tried reinstalling the drivers, both the newest ones from Intel (18.32) and the latest on Dell's website (18.20, IIRC), but nothing changed.

LorDisturbia, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Windows issue no way to turn wifi on

WiFi driver issue, Wont turn on

I'm trying to use the suggestions and my Toshiba wifi button still won't turn on.

Mauricio38, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows issue no way to turn wifi on

1. Windows issue no way to turn wifi on - Similar Threads - issue turn wifi

2. Windows issue no way to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows issue no way to turn wifi on: I never had an issue with my laptop before . I disconnected my wifi earlier and now I cannot go back because there is no option to turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-issue-no-way-to-turn-wifi-on/0d409318-3354-4b09-ae74-db370ed3794c
  3. Windows issue no way to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows issue no way to turn wifi on: I never had an issue with my laptop before . I disconnected my wifi earlier and now I cannot go back because there is no option to turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-issue-no-way-to-turn-wifi-on/0d409318-3354-4b09-ae74-db370ed3794c
  4. windows issue, no option to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows issue, no option to turn wifi on: Hello, I don't have any issue with my connection until today when I turned off my wi-fi I tried to connect again but the option turn it on is now missing. O got to settings and follow the troubleshooter but it won't work. Please help....
  5. windows issue, no option to turn wifi on

windows issue, no option to turn wifi on: Hello, I don't have any issue with my connection until today when I turned off my wi-fi I tried to connect again but the option turn it on is now missing. O got to settings and follow the troubleshooter but it won't work. Please help....
  6. windows issue, no option to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on: Hello,I'm using my laptop for a while now and I have never had an issue with my connection. Earlier it disconnected to the wifi and when I try to connect again, the option to turn the wifi on is gone. I check settings and it asked me to troubleshoot problem I followed the...
  8. issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on

issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on: Hello,I'm using my laptop for a while now and I have never had an issue with my connection. Earlier it disconnected to the wifi and when I try to connect again, the option to turn the wifi on is gone. I check settings and it asked me to troubleshoot problem I followed the...
  9. issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on

10. WiFi turned off issue

WiFi turned off issue: Hello, I'm recently experiencing issues with my Dell Inspiron 15 7559. I have an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter and, ever since yesterday, it stopped working completely. When I click on the wifi button in the taskbar it says the WiFi is "Turned off". However,...