Windows 10: Windows Issue: Random crashes, black screens, PC freezing

Discus and support Windows Issue: Random crashes, black screens, PC freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently facing the occasional random crashes. I also find myself with a black screen in a middle of a game requiring a reboot and from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by renkun, Aug 11, 2021.

1. renkun Win User

Windows Issue: Random crashes, black screens, PC freezing

Hello, I'm currently facing the occasional random crashes. I also find myself with a black screen in a middle of a game requiring a reboot and from time to time the PC just locks/freezes. General performance issues are also a problem too. For example loading up task-manager or excessive frame drops during games. I would like help on figuring out the possible causes. Let me know if you require more information and I will gladly get them for you. Most of my PC specs are already in my profile. ----------------- Windows 10 Version: 19043.1110 ------------------ Many thanks!

:)

renkun, Aug 11, 2021
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Aug 11, 2021
  4. 623baller Win User

random crashes and screen freezes

need help troubleshooting my random crashes and screen freezes, i have to manually reboot sometimes to solve the issue or it will just auto restart

see attached zip for the dump, thanks!

623baller, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Issue: Random crashes, black screens, PC freezing - Similar Threads - Issue Random crashes

2. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  3. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  4. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  5. Amnesia Rebirth Crashing, Freezing and Black Screen issues on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Amnesia Rebirth Crashing, Freezing and Black Screen issues on PC: [ATTACH]A lot of gamers have complained that Amnesia: Rebirth keeps crashing, freezing, or showing Black Screen on Windows 11/10 PC. Amnesia is a great horror game and we believe that everyone should have the privilege to experience it. That is why, in this article, we are...
  6. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black: Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it...
  7. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black: Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it...
  8. Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing

Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing: I have done a few clean installs since it began. Blue screens are mostly Critical Process Died and System Thread Exception Not Handled. In safe mode I have done sfc scan, chkdsk, DISM, I have also done a few memory tests, and intel processor diagnostic tool. I downloaded...
  9. PC crashes randomly with black screen

PC crashes randomly with black screen: While it is hapaning i cant do anyting i cat even force close i reinstaled the graphic driver but it doesent work i need help asap please! ***Original Title: Random crash whit black screen***...
  10. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen: Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...