Windows 10: Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance

Discus and support Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, to begin. Not too long ago I had a power outage during a storm. Everything shut off and turned right back on. Then shut off again. And after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darian Jaquez, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance

So, to begin. Not too long ago I had a power outage during a storm. Everything shut off and turned right back on. Then shut off again. And after a minute the power turned back on. When my computer booted back up, windows said it had an error. The error was error code 0xc0000185. which I think means it can’t reach the system files. I went into recovery mode, but doing that just reset the computer. Every option I chose on that error screen would just reset the computer. Sometimes it would just load up the bios screen instead. I decided to go ahead and just use a thumb drive to reinstall windows.

:)

Darian Jaquez, Dec 7, 2022
  2. little cat, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Error message as The instruction at 0xp referenced memory at 0xp.The memory could not be s in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.
    If the issue persist Run Memory Diagnostic.

Method 2: Follow the step to perform Windows Memory Diagnostic

• Press Windows key and Type Windows memory Diagnostic
    • And follow the instruction, it will prompt you to restart the system.

Method 3: Place your computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Important Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Louie Del Win User

Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance

Restart performance

Hi Balakrishnan,

This issue can be caused by a faulty or incompatible program running, one of the processes or services is not shutting down or there’s a faulty or incompatible program running. Here are the methods that you can use to isolate your concern:

Method 1: Perform a clean boot. This will use a minimal set of drivers and startup programs to help eliminate software conflicts that occur when a program or update was installed. To perform this, please check the steps
    on this link.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the
    computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Method 2: Run the Performance Troubleshooter. It’s being used if your computer experienced system failures. Follow the steps below to run the troubleshooter:

• Right-click Start
      Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance 0ade45bb-3de2-456e-a1f0-537990a79844.jpg

and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the Search box found on the upper-right corner, then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click the System and Security option.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance

1. Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance - Similar Threads - issues booting restarting

2. Windows 11 lagging if not restarted when booted up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lagging if not restarted when booted up: Every time I turn on my computer it becomes very slow. The response time, animations, even games feel very sluggish. In games where I can easily exceed 300FPS, I get 50FPS not even static, it's stuttering so bad - going around 20-50. As I said, not only games, Windows...
  3. Windows 11 lagging if not restarted when booted up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 lagging if not restarted when booted up: Every time I turn on my computer it becomes very slow. The response time, animations, even games feel very sluggish. In games where I can easily exceed 300FPS, I get 50FPS not even static, it's stuttering so bad - going around 20-50. As I said, not only games, Windows...
  4. Booting and performance issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting and performance issues: Since last windows10 update, my system has been having problems booting and I have to install a new windows version each time before using my computer. Now my performance is low and it takes so much time to boot up...
  5. Booting and performance issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting and performance issues: Since last windows10 update, my system has been having problems booting and I have to install a new windows version each time before using my computer. Now my performance is low and it takes so much time to boot up...
  6. Booting and performance issues

7. Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance: So, to begin. Not too long ago I had a power outage during a storm. Everything shut off and turned right back on. Then shut off again. And after a minute the power turned back on. When my computer booted back up, windows said it had an error. The error was error code...
  8. Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance

Windows issues booting up when restarting and memory performance: So, to begin. Not too long ago I had a power outage during a storm. Everything shut off and turned right back on. Then shut off again. And after a minute the power turned back on. When my computer booted back up, windows said it had an error. The error was error code...
  9. Help with memory/performance issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with memory/performance issues: For a while now, I've noticed my memory usage is higher than it should be, and my disk spikes very easily. I've brought all my drivers up to date recently and that helped a lot but my memory is still quite high. Even with nothing but malwarebytes running in the background...
  10. Performance issue when either shutting down or restarting ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance issue when either shutting down or restarting ?: I now have 2 systems that spend a exorbitant amount of time while "SHUTTING DOWN" or "RESTARTING". Its almost 25 seconds where the message states either of the above and you get the the circle of dots chasing each other. On the boot side, speed is about normal. No delays...