Windows 10: Windows January update broke different programs

Discus and support Windows January update broke different programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if it isn't then forgive me I'll be brief: yesterday, before turning off my pc, windows notified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gunalltheweeaboos, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Windows January update broke different programs

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if it isn't then forgive me

I'll be brief: yesterday, before turning off my pc, windows notified me of an uodate. I allowed it to install while shutting the pc off. Today I noticed that some programs take ages to open or load. For example, when I open my browser (Opera) , after a few seconds, it freezes for about 30-40 seconds. The same if I try to attach a file to an email: it freezes when the system window opens.

As another example, when I try to open the battle.net launcher, it takes several minutes before it opens, the same can be said about its games.

I know it must be this update, because everything used to run smoothly before it. I tried to reroll the update, but it says I can't because the update is older than 10 days (??? I installed the update yesterday).

It had already happened to me a few months ago, but a later update had fixed it. And now I have this bug again. What can I do? Thanks for your attention

submitted by /u/gunalltheweeaboos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gunalltheweeaboos, Jan 17, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 17, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows January update broke different programs :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Windows January update broke different programs

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows January update broke different programs

1. Windows January update broke different programs - Similar Threads - January update broke

2. Overnight windows update broke all autoclick programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overnight windows update broke all autoclick programs: My autoclick program worked fine yesterday, last night windows did a auto update to the OS and now it no longer works.Ive tried several programs, ive tried compatibility mode, ive tried to run as admin, ive tried both together.But after careful observation of the problem ive...
  3. Overnight windows update broke all autoclick programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Overnight windows update broke all autoclick programs: My autoclick program worked fine yesterday, last night windows did a auto update to the OS and now it no longer works.Ive tried several programs, ive tried compatibility mode, ive tried to run as admin, ive tried both together.But after careful observation of the problem ive...
  4. Overnight windows update broke all autoclick programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 January update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 January update: Hello, I'm experiencing a recurring problem after Windows January update. Depending on the time, which is completely random, everything may work as normal or delete button is not working and the taskbar isn't working properly. Is there a way to fix it? I'd appreciate all...
  6. January 2021 cumulative update broke my PC - BSOD 0xc000000f

January 2021 cumulative update broke my PC - BSOD 0xc000000f: After the update installed my PC wouldn't boot anymore. I tried all the options I could find related to the BSOD error but whatever I tried I was ending up with access denied when running /fixboot or even though bootrec was detecting my Windows installation or requested...
  7. Windows Update January 2019

Windows Update January 2019: I have windows 10, version 1803 but why am I receiving update feature to windows 10, version 1809 on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-january-2019/e22a98ea-4450-4a4a-b85b-70435757b936
  8. Thunderbird Daily's latest update broke the program

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Daily's latest update broke the program: The latest update 60.0a1 (2018-02-01) totally broke the software. It won't connect to my email server, rendering it useless for email. It also won't show my calendar, or task list, won't show the Options window, and won't show What's New either. I've got a Macrium backup...
  9. Update broke Cortana/search and most windows programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Update broke Cortana/search and most windows programs: The frustration level is through the roof. I already formatted my system once after the anniversary update ruined it and it's happened again. Had a bunch of automatic updates in December and the number of things that broke is staggering. I no longer have cortana nor the...
  10. January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    January Update caused identical problems on 2 different Laptops: This is not the first dirty update procedure i have experienced with windows 10 Yesterday MS forced down the January Cumulative Upgrade (and build number advance) down the users throats. Heres what happened to me.. (and i have rarely ever seen something like this...